FTP 'get'ting a fileRSS

1 reply

Last post Jul 12, 2017 02:26 AM by Yuk Ding

• FTP 'get'ting a file

Jul 11, 2017 07:04 PM|KumarV|LINK

<div>Hello, I am new to this forum and if this question was answered before please direct me to that answer.</div> <div></div> <div>From my WIN10 machine I am able to send or get files from FTP servers on other LINUX machines through FTP. No problem.</div> <div></div> <div>I also have an FTP server is on the same WIN10 machine. It is accepting files FTP'd from other WINDOWS or LINUX machines.</div> <div></div> <div>But when those machines want to 'get' a file from it, the message returned is:</div> <div>200 port command successful</div> <div>550 access denied.</div> <div></div> <div>I enabled FTP in firewall for both inbound and outbound on the server. The file permissions are also set to read/ write access to all.</div> <div></div> <div>Thanks.</div>
  • Re: FTP 'get'ting a file

Jul 12, 2017 02:26 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi KumarV,

Are you using IIS FTP for your website. Download also require the read permission and upload require write permission. So just ensure your authenticated user has read/write NTFS permission to access the FTP site. At the same time , go to IIS manager->site level->FTP authorization rules, just ensure you have the allow rule for the authenticated user with read/write permission.

Also process monitor could help you diagnose the permission issue:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processmonitor.aspx

Best Regards,

Yuk Ding

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.