Cant publish using "precompiled" option..."Obi Wan, you are our last hope..."RSS

2 replies

Last post Apr 06, 2017 06:34 PM by Leo75

• Cant publish using "precompiled" option..."Obi Wan, you are our last hope..."

Mar 21, 2017 11:46 AM|Leo75|LINK

"Obi Wan, you are our last hope..."

Hello everyone!
    So, we publish our solution using post-compiled "option". Now, due to some new requirements, we need to change that to pre-compiled. Turns out that the option of pre-compiled is giving some headache since it keeps saying:
    The file '/Samples/whatever.cs' does not exist.
    But... BUT the file is there. I already searched the web up and down and, so far, nothing... sadly.
    Any help will be most welcome!

Forgot:
    That happens when we are trying to publish to the destination folder. When we publish without the "precompile" option, it turns out ok; but when the precompile option is checked, we get the previous error.

We are using a WAP solution. So i right click on the solution that i want to publish, choose publish option, a model dialog will appear with several options:
    >Profile
    >Connection
    >Settings            FilePublishOptions     CheckBox Precompile during publishing  (here is where i check the precompile option)
    >Preview

When i choose to publish the solution builds as expected but doesnt publish as it was suppose to due to some "missing" file that isnt missing after all.

I also get, on another dialog, with the following error:
    "error aspparse the file does not exist"

Any help will be more than welcome!
    Kind regards

Leo

• Re: Cant publish using "precompiled" option..."Obi Wan, you are our last hope..."

Mar 22, 2017 06:19 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi Luke skywalker,

You could try to set build action from compile to content while it could enable the file to output without compile:

If it is an aspx page, you could check whether there is something wrong with Codebehind or codefile=.

You could also try to deploy to an empty website.

If all the things above doesn't work, try to publish and copy the doesn't existed file separately.

Best Regards,

Yuk Ding

="

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
  • Re: Cant publish using "precompiled" option..."Obi Wan, you are our last hope..."

Apr 06, 2017 06:34 PM|Leo75|LINK

Hello,

Sorry for the huge delay with my reply.

After a couple more of weeks, we found out that it was another issue that was triggering that error.

Thanks so much for your time and attention!

Kind regards

Leo.