IIS 10 won't let my web service setup to installRSS

1 reply

Last post Jan 26, 2017 12:08 PM by lextm

• IIS 10 won't let my web service setup to install

Jan 26, 2017 06:31 AM|razortain|LINK

my web service setup (.msi) has been working all the way from windows server 2008 and 2012 but yesterday i tried to install it on windows server 2016 AND Windows 10 with IIS installed and it failed... My pre-setup IIS version checking failed, this checking was Visual Studio's setup pre requisites.... It s looking at the IIS's major version on registry and checks if its above 6. I have a value 'a' (hexadecimal) there, I thought it was the problem and i changed that registry value to 9 instead, installer let me pass the checking(!) but failed to install anyway havent seen any event log too.

So I know I haven't provided much of info but anybody here already faced the same problem? or is there any breaking change in iis 10 that requires another way of installing web services... any answer heavily appreciated thanks.

• Re: IIS 10 won't let my web service setup to install

Jan 26, 2017 12:08 PM|lextm|LINK

MSI package issues require you to review the creation process and scripts, which all have little to do with IIS itself (except the registry key value). It would be your responsibility to verify the version number correctly, where A is 10 in hex (well, you already knew that).

Lex Li
    https://lextudio.com
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.