Frontpage Server Extensions - extending web sitesRSS

3 replies

Last post Jan 16, 2017 07:28 AM by Yuk Ding

• Frontpage Server Extensions - extending web sites

Jan 05, 2017 02:40 PM|christopher877|LINK

Recently, we migrated a number of web sites from Server 2003 to Server 2012 R2. In addition, we purchased a license for frontpage server extensions which is now supported by Ready-to-Run Software.  Our license only includes support for installation so I was hoping someone here has used this. Because it's a legacy application, we needed to install the software using the native Administrator account, user name Administrator. That worked fine but later on, I tried extending a few websites but received the error "The server extensions were unable to access the file "frontpg.lck". Please check the file permissions." Changing the folder permissions did not help, unfortunately. My next idea is that we also need to extend the site using the native administrator account. I was hoping to avoid that since it is a poor practice on a server but before I tried it, I was hoping to get some feedback.  

• Re: Frontpage Server Extensions - extending web sites

Jan 06, 2017 06:02 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi Christopher,

This link provide the steps to resolve the error:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/264954

Besides, this link also provide the steps to install FPSE on IIS7 and above for your windows server 2012R2:

https://www.iis.net/learn/publish/frontpage-server-extensions/installing-the-frontpage-server-extensions-on-iis

Best Regards,

Yuk Ding

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.

Jan 13, 2017 07:40 PM|christopher877|LINK

I actually figured it out. For the site, the administrators group had permission but my user account didn't. Even though I am in the admin group, it would not allow it to extend. Once I added my account, it worked.

Jan 16, 2017 07:28 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for sharing you experience.

Best Regards,

Yuk Ding

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.