Getting Error FastCGIRSS

5 replies

Last post Dec 16, 2016 03:33 AM by Yuk Ding

• Getting Error FastCGI

Dec 05, 2016 12:59 PM|Chiquado|LINK

<br>
    I am getting the following error: &amp;quot;The spcified excutable does not exist on the server&amp;quot; while mapping php in IIS. I have followed the instruction given By iis.net finally to add mapping module I got the above error. This is what input in the field
    1. *.php,<br>
    2.FastCGImodule, 3. C: \php\php-cgi.exe, 4. FastCGI. When I click ok to mapp it I got the above error. When I check the file &amp;quot;php-cgi.exe&amp;quot; in php folder I could not see it there. I need help please.<br>
  • Re: Getting Error FastCGI

Dec 06, 2016 03:12 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi Chiquado,

I think the reason for this problem is that the excutable option didn't be configured correctly.

First please check whether the path you configured is correctly. sometimes the folder with version number could looks like C:\<your path>\PHP\v5.3\php-cgi.exe.

Besides, it need to be specified with double quotation marks So the configuration could looks like:

This link provide an instruction to configure fast cgi in IIS:

https://www.iis.net/learn/application-frameworks/install-and-configure-php-applications-on-iis/using-fastcgi-to-host-php-applications-on-iis

Best Regards,

Yuk Ding

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.

Dec 07, 2016 07:02 PM|Chiquado|LINK

Yes, wrong configuration may be the cause of the error. But there are one thing I am keeping my eye on. A file with the following name is not there in php folder: "php-cgi.exe" this is what I did: php folder has this name php-7.1.0, I just open notepad, create a file, give it name and extension as php-cgi.exe place in php folder. To map it with IIS, I input the following, 1. *.php, 2.FastCgiModule, 3. C: \php-7.1.0\php-cgi.exe, 4. FastCGI, Finally I clicked ok. It mapped successfully, but what happen: php-cgi.exe did not contain anything it was empty file. I created file in wwwroot: <?php phpinfo(); ?> And typed http://localhost/phpinfo.php to test it but it return IIS error report. More help please.

Dec 09, 2016 01:26 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi Chiquado,

php-cgi.exe should be the part of PHP developed by PHP group. It should exist when you finish installing PHP. The steps of configuring handler mapping just map the handler to the fast-cgi.exe. Itself doesn't create any module.

I think you may need to reinstall PHP.

Best Regards,

Yuk Ding

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support

Dec 09, 2016 03:35 PM|Chiquado|LINK

After re-installing php and following all the instruction here on iis.net, I got new error report In IIS. Which is: &quot;HTTP ERROR 500 SERVER INTERNAL ERROR c: \php-7.1.0\php-cgi.exe, FastCGI exit unexpectedly&quot;, Code error: 0xc0000135. what does that error means?

Dec 16, 2016 03:33 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi Chiquado,

The error caused by the necessary version of vc++ runtime.

Please check whether you have installed  the depend version of Visual C++ Redistributable for php 7.1.

You can download all the depend vc++ Redistributable version in:

http://windows.php.net/download

Best Regards,

Yuk Ding

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support