IIS - Proxy not working after latest Windows Patch update. [Answered]RSS

3 replies

Last post Oct 06, 2016 07:57 AM by Yuk Ding

• IIS - Proxy not working after latest Windows Patch update.

Oct 05, 2016 06:41 AM|bhindusaran|LINK

HI,

I have a proxy server setup in IIS using ARR and URL rewrite module.  I have an application server with https support. IIS server acting as porxy for the application server. Request routing was working fine until latest windows patch update released during August.

I like to know about windows update patch information causing any change in SSL handling of the proxy server. Any work-around on how to fix this ?

Thanks,

Bhindusaran.v

• Re: IIS - Proxy not working after latest Windows Patch update.

Oct 05, 2016 08:38 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi Bhindusaran.v,

Could you provide more detail about your environment like OS version, IIS version, Kb version or error message?

I recommend you check event log and IIS log to figure out the moment proxy broke down.

Then you could find the update before the moment in control panel-> view installed updates.

In the end, you could post the version here or try to remove it. We may help you figure out the problem.

Besides, I recommend you enable the failed request tracing to figure out which module’s configuration has been changed.

The following link shows how to enable failed request tracing:

https://www.iis.net/learn/troubleshoot/using-failed-request-tracing/troubleshooting-failed-requests-using-tracing-in-iis

Best Regards,

Yuk Ding

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.

Oct 06, 2016 04:23 AM|bhindusaran|LINK

HI Yuk,

Answering your questions

OS Version - Windows 8 64 bit.,

IIS Version - 8.5

I analyzed the problem with wireshark, The problem I face with is weak HTTPS certificate in my destination server. 

The same certificate was working fine before july update. Am not able to exactly find after which update facing this issue.

Thanks,

Bhindusaran.v

Oct 06, 2016 07:57 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi bhindusaran,

It is hard to diagnose the problem without the version number or any error message.

Could you provide the failed request tracing log here?

We could always resolve this kind issue by removing the update.

Best Regards,

Yuk Ding

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.