ARR and Server Sent EventsRSS

4 replies

Last post Jun 24, 2016 09:31 PM by DropPhone

• ARR and Server Sent Events

May 19, 2016 07:44 PM|mabrito|LINK

I am working on troubleshooting a issue. One of our Web Applications started to user Server Sent Events and is now causing issues with our ARR/Reverse Proxy Setup. 

Our setup involves a ARR/Reverse Proxy to receive all incoming requests from the Internet and then route them to the internal web server. 

In my troubleshooting, I see the internal Web Server did send the SSE TCP Packet to the ARR and has the correct payload/values. When the ARR/Reverse Proxy receives the SSE TCP Packet, I do not see it sending it out to the client. It look likes it just dropped the back. 

I do not know if the ARR/Reverse Proxy engine picked up the TCP packet and couldn't route it or if IIS is doing something else to it. 

Does anyone know if anything needs to be done to enable ARR/Reverse Proxy to work with SSE packets?

• Re: ARR and Server Sent Events

May 20, 2016 02:32 AM|Jean Sun|LINK

Hi,

Please try disabling the Cache and Buffering.

1. Open IIS Server

2. Click Application Request Routing

3. Click Cache Configuration in the Action Pane

4. Disable Cache

Best Regards,
    Jean

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

May 20, 2016 01:09 PM|mabrito|LINK

I went to "Cache Configuration" and just see a checkbox for "Enable Compression" which I did uncheck to no success still. I have "Cache clean up interval (minutes)", "Disk usage High threshold", "Disk usage low threshold", "Byte range segment size" in this menu outside of the checkbox, 

I did go to "Server Proxy Settings" and disabled "Disk Cache" and also still no success. 

May 25, 2016 05:41 AM|Jean Sun|LINK

Hi,

Could you please post the error message or error log here?

Best Regards,

Jean

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.
  • DropPhone DropPhone

358 Posts

Microsoft

Re: ARR and Server Sent Events

Jun 24, 2016 09:31 PM|DropPhone|LINK

mabrito

In my troubleshooting, I see the internal Web Server did send the SSE TCP Packet to the ARR and has the correct payload/values. When the ARR/Reverse Proxy receives the SSE TCP Packet, I do not see it sending it out to the client. It look likes it just dropped the back. 

It's possible you need to disable the response buffering that ARR performs in order to get Server Sent Events to work correctly.  Look for the minResponseBuffer setting in ARR, and set it to 0.