We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Learning WebMatrix - Website Template Questions [Answered]RSS

3 replies

Last post Apr 18, 2016 05:39 AM by Jean Sun

• Learning WebMatrix - Website Template Questions

Apr 14, 2016 04:58 PM|TomG1|LINK

Hello,

I have been tasked with building a cshtml site. Regarding templates - I have experience in Joomla templates and wordpress templates (to a lesser degree).

But since cshtml sites are not CMS sites - I am a little lost as to HOW to implement a website template. (by template I mean, for examples sake, think Template Monster template) - not the Microsoft definition of template - meaning a number of predescribed pages.

Question 1: Is it possible to use a commercially designed template on a cshtml site?

Question 2: If so - how is one implemented? I can't find any information on integrating a commercial template. Can anyone point me to some information regarding this?

Question 3: I see in the WebMatrix under "Site From Template" that "Boilerplate" is available under the "HTML" page building option. Can I use boilerplate or Zurbs Foundation as a underlying framework for a cshtml page?

Thanks for now! I really appreciate any feedback.

• Re: Learning WebMatrix - Website Template Questions

Apr 15, 2016 03:11 AM|Jean Sun|LINK

Hi,

Question 1: Is it possible to use a commercially designed template on a cshtml site?
    Question 2: If so - how is one implemented? I can't find any information on integrating a commercial template. Can anyone point me to some information regarding this?

Yes, you can create a custom template for WebMatrix. Please find how to do it in the following link.

http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/article/169/creating-a-custom-template-for-webmatrix

Note : This is a third party link, just for your reference.

Question 3: I see in the WebMatrix under "Site From Template" that "Boilerplate" is available under the "HTML" page building option. Can I use boilerplate or Zurbs Foundation as a underlying framework for a cshtml page?

These templates are for html files, please select Templates under Site from Template -> ASP.NET.

Best Regards,

Jean

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Apr 15, 2016 07:14 PM|TomG1|LINK

Thanks Jean for the reply - I appreciate it!

I understand that the Boilerplate files are for html files - but is there a reason why why can't be used with cshtml files? That is really what I am curious about.

Thx!

Apr 18, 2016 05:39 AM|Jean Sun|LINK

Hi,

Based on my understanding, if you want to use cshtml in Boilerplate template, you need to add related packages and .dll to support cshtml.

But when you use ASP.NET template, packages and .dll are added by default.

Best Regards,

Jean

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.