IIS 8.5 install via Add-WindowsFeature cmdlet - some specific items to select and some items with all subfeatures. How do I do this? RSS

3 replies

Last post Apr 06, 2016 07:42 AM by Jean Sun

• IIS 8.5 install via Add-WindowsFeature cmdlet - some specific items to select and some items with...

Mar 22, 2016 05:45 PM|agoktas|LINK

Here is what I have so far in my ps1:  

Add-WindowsFeature `
    Web-Server,`
    Web-WebServer,`
    Web-Common-Http,`
    Web-App-Dev,`
    Web-CGI,`
    Web-ISAPI-Ext,`
    Web-ISAPI-Filter,`
    Web-Health -IncludeAllSubFeature `
    Web-Security -IncludeAllSubFeature `
    Web-Performance -IncludeAllSubFeature`

But it ends up installing all sub features for Web-Server, not just the sub features of the category I want all features included (instead of individually listing all the sub features of the category).  

Anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this?  

Thanks!

• Re: IIS 8.5 install via Add-WindowsFeature cmdlet - some specific items to select and some items...

Mar 23, 2016 06:10 AM|Jean Sun|LINK

Hi,

Some IIS modules will be installed by default when the Web Server(IIS) role is installed. I think this is the reason to your ISSUE.

Best Regards,

Jean

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.
  • Re: IIS 8.5 install via Add-WindowsFeature cmdlet - some specific items to select and some items...

Mar 23, 2016 03:56 PM|agoktas|LINK

Hi Jean, 

Thanks for the reply.  But I'm wondering how to install "AllSubFeatures" to only one category within IIS (Web-Server).  Other categories, I will explicitly select subfeatures.  

Anyone have any ideas?  

Thanks. 

Apr 06, 2016 07:42 AM|Jean Sun|LINK

Hi,

Sorry about the late response, cause i'm not using a server verison of windows. I can't test this command on my side.

What's the result when you run the following command?

Add-WindowsFeature Web-Health -IncludeAllSubFeature

Best

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.