Missing Site [Answered]RSS

2 replies

Last post Feb 08, 2016 07:52 AM by Janine.Blackburn

• Missing Site

Jan 25, 2016 11:57 AM|Janine.Blackburn|LINK

I have been working on my site off line through webmatrix using wordpress.

I am new to this but my site seems to have disappeared.  When I click Run I get an empty page.

I had two copies of my purchased theme so I deleted the one that was not active and now I have lost the whole lot.  It looks like the files are still in my documents, I can find all the images I have uploaded in the content folder.

Can anyone help me get it back? This is the second time I lost my site as the first time I had a critical system error on my pc and hadn't backed up the folder.  Is it possible to get back into the wordpress dashboard and not have to start again?

Any help greatly appreciated.

• Re: Missing Site

Jan 26, 2016 04:08 AM|Jean Sun|LINK

Hi,

I am new to this, but my site seems to have disappeared.  I get an empty page when I click Run.

When you click run, it will open the default page. Please make sure you have add content to the default page. If you want to open specific page, please look at http://forums.iis.net/t/1229508.aspx.

I had two copies of my purchased theme so I deleted the one that was not active and now I have lost the whole lot.

I think you can post it in https://wordpress.org/support/ for professional help.

Best Regards,

Jean

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.
  • Re: Missing Site

Feb 08, 2016 07:52 AM|Janine.Blackburn|LINK

I have started all over again, I couldn't find any page listed within my files.

Now I want to transfer the admin to a laptop which will be used for the website only, hoping to save me losing it all over again.

I have copied all the files over and downloaded webmatrix again but it still isn't finding a page, at all.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction please?  If all of the files on the laptop are the same as the files on the PC why would it not load??  I can't publish it yet as it will be replacing a live site.

Thanks.