iis 10.0 Detailed Error - HTTP Error 404.4 - Not Found [Answered]RSS

2 replies

Last post Jan 05, 2016 01:56 PM by EasyBoy

• iis 10.0 Detailed Error - HTTP Error 404.4 - Not Found

Jan 05, 2016 01:51 AM|EasyBoy|LINK

good day ladies and gentlemen, I am new to web services but I have created a soap web service and tested it by running it from my visual studio 2013 and it worked well. but I want to host it on IIs in order to reference it remotely from another application.

I have followed the procedures for publishing it into the C://inetpub/wwwroot folder, and converting it into an application on my IIS interface but when I run it, I receive the error below. its running the DefaultAppPool and whenever I change that to .NET v4.5, I receive an access denied error. I don't know what to do please any assistance would be appreciated.

I used visual studio 2013 to build the webservice and it has an extension of .asmx. my visual studio is running a .NET v4.5 framework my operating system is windows 10 home. Thanks

HTTP Error 404.4 - Not Found

The resource you are looking for does not have a handler associated with it.

Most likely causes:

• The file extension for the requested URL does not have a handler configured to process the request on the Web server.

Things you can try:

• If the file extension does not have a handler associated with it, add a handler mapping for the extension.
    • Verify that the handler associated with the file extension is properly installed and configured.
    • Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.

Detailed Error Information:

<div id="details-left">
    Module    IIS Web Core
    Notification    MapRequestHandler
    Handler    Not yet determined
    Error Code    0x80070002
    </div> <div id="details-right">
    Requested URL    http://localhost:80/StealthService
    Physical Path    C:\inetpub\wwwroot\webService
    Logon Method    Anonymous
    Logon User

Anonymous

</div>

webservices soap IIS10 Win10

• Re: iis 10.0 Detailed Error - HTTP Error 404.4 - Not Found

Jan 05, 2016 04:00 AM|Angie xu - MSFT|LINK

Hi EasyBoy,

According to this case, I suggest you can do it as following steps,

all what you have to do is using VS to push the ASP.NET Web service to local IIS.

1) VS Web Project - right-click

2) Go to Properties

3) Go to Web tab

4) under Server, select Local IIS

5) click Create Virtual Directory button

Your Web application is deployed to local IIS.

The visual studio will help us generate the physical Path.

If you want to host your service with external IP address, you just need to edit your

Binding configuration. Choice default web site, in actions window, choice the Bindings,

Right click http protocol and right click edit button, in IP Address column, set the your computer IP address.

Also, you can try add the following note to your web.config file.

<system.webServer>

<modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true">

</modules>

</system.webServer>

If your web service is WCF service, please make sure the following handlers you have added.

If you have any question, please let me know.

Regards,

Angie

Angie xu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
  • Re: iis 10.0 Detailed Error - HTTP Error 404.4 - Not Found

Jan 05, 2016 01:56 PM|EasyBoy|LINK

Thanks a lot.