Node.js Publish CompatibilityRSS

2 replies

Last post Dec 15, 2015 04:54 AM by maxscalabrino

• Node.js Publish Compatibility

Dec 14, 2015 08:57 AM|maxscalabrino|LINK

Hi,

I have a problem with Webmatrix Publish Compatibility about Node.js component. I created "Node.js Startes Site" on my local machine and I would like to publish it on my product site (Hosting Windows Provider). Unfortunately during compatipility check I saw "Not Available" on Node.js component but I try to publish an node.js example on my hosting works fine.

The request return an HTTP 200 but with error:

iisnode encountered an error when processing the request.

HRESULT: 0x2
    HTTP status: 500
    HTTP subStatus: 1002
    HTTP reason: Internal Server Error

You are receiving this HTTP 200 response because system.webServer/iisnode/@devErrorsEnabled configuration setting is 'true'.

In addition to the log of stdout and stderr of the node.exe process, consider using debugging and ETW traces to further diagnose the problem.

The last 64k of the output generated by the node.exe process to stderr is shown below:

Application has thrown an uncaught exception and is terminated:
    Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, lstat '\\WAGNER\wwwroot$\'
        at Error (native)
        at Object.fs.lstatSync (fs.js:888:18)
        at start (fs.js:1496:10)
        at Object.realpathSync (fs.js:1484:3)
        at toRealPath (module.js:113:13)
        at Function.Module._findPath (module.js:153:20)
        at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:325:25)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:278:25)
        at Module.require (module.js:355:17)
        at require (internal/module.js:13:17)

I searched this error on internet but I not found anything on it.

I have fully access on production IIS (VPS win2012r2 with IIS 8). To install Node.js I followed:

https://github.com/tjanczuk/iisnode

http://www.itorian.com/2015/04/how-to-run-nodejs-on-iis.html

Someone can HELP me to install and test Node.js on IIS? I tried to use directly Web Platform Installer but still doesn't works compatibility check.

<div style="direction: ltr; text-align: left;" class="en" id="OutputArea"> <div style="direction: ltr; text-align: left;" id="OutputText" tabindex="99999" class="Wrap"> <div>Best Regards</div> <div>m</div> </div> </div>

node.js

• Re: Node.js Publish Compatibility

Dec 15, 2015 04:40 AM|Angie xu - MSFT|LINK

Hi,

maxscalabrino

and I would like to publish it on my product site (Hosting Windows Provider).

Please restart your IIS, and then configure the app pool to recycle, check whether it helps.  

From your description above, you need search the "Node.js" in Web Platform Installer 5.0, and install "Node.js extensions for IIS", and restart IIS again, and check whether it helps.

Please let me know if you need any help.

Regards,

Angie

node.js

Angie xu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
  • Re: Node.js Publish Compatibility

Dec 15, 2015 04:54 AM|maxscalabrino|LINK

Hi,

<div style="direction: ltr;" id="destText" class="textArea"> <div>thanks for the quick reply. I solved Webmatrix Compatibility check trying install again node.js and iisnode component and exporting again, on remote share, shared configuration (so doing also will be exported key). Unfortunately remains problem related to "Internal Server Error" on hello.js due to "Error: EPERM, operation not permitted '\\smb-remoteshare\remoteshare_www$\'". Seems that exist some problem with application pool permission on root share (not on remote share customer share, because here, application pool have Full Control.
    </div> <div>Any suggestion?</div> <div>Regards</div> <div>m</div> </div>

node.js