We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

IIS SEO Toolkit on Win10RSS

6 replies

Last post Dec 17, 2015 03:57 AM by JPSEO

• IIS SEO Toolkit on Win10

Nov 14, 2015 07:00 AM|Gidseo|LINK

So I 'upgraded' to Win10 only to find out the tool I use most days isn't supported; obviously MS are correcting this... I hope quikly - what's the eta?

• Re: IIS SEO Toolkit on Win10

Nov 14, 2015 10:52 AM|CarlosAg|LINK

Hopefully soon there will be an update, however you can actually workaround the problem and installing it.

The installer checks for a registry key to see if it is the right major version, the program is 100% compatible and should not have any problems (I use it all the time).

You can edit the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\InetStp
    Set MajorVersion to 7, and then install it. (Immediately after installing it set it back to 10, or whatever the value you have there before).

You can download the MSIs from here:

IIS SEO Toolkit x64 / IIS SEO Toolkit x86

Dec 16, 2015 12:03 PM|JPSEO|LINK

CarlosAg

You can edit the following registry key:

Hi Carlos, I hope you can help me out here. I have found the key that we need to modify. I am guessing the one I need to change is the last column with 10 in the brackets (10) to (7).

My issue is I have never modified anything inside the registry but as long as I have details I am able to do so. I am kind of hoping you have the details to pass on please?

Thanks JP

• Rovastar Rovastar

5495 Posts

MVP

Re: IIS SEO Toolkit on Win10

Dec 16, 2015 12:12 PM|Rovastar|LINK

Like Carlos says you set this 7 and you can install in and change it back when complete.

Backup up the registry first if you are unsure.

Troubleshoot IIS in style
    https://www.leansentry.com/

Dec 16, 2015 01:17 PM|JPSEO|LINK

Yes thanks for that Rovastar. I have backed up the reg. My issue is that I need to change the value of the key from 10 to 7 (then back again) but I am stuck as to how to edit the 10 to 7 part. Hope that makes sense cheers JP

• Rovastar Rovastar

5495 Posts

MVP

Re: IIS SEO Toolkit on Win10

Dec 16, 2015 03:28 PM|Rovastar|LINK

Just find the parameter and double click it or right click and "modify"

Troubleshoot IIS in style
    https://www.leansentry.com/

Dec 17, 2015 03:57 AM|JPSEO|LINK

Things are always so simple when you know how....

Thanks Rovastar Smile