We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Any advice for restoring back-up data to a crashed wordpress site?RSS

2 replies

Last post Sep 09, 2015 09:36 AM by finius

• Any advice for restoring back-up data to a crashed wordpress site?

Sep 08, 2015 01:13 PM|finius|LINK

Hi, a new user of wordpress and webmatrix here, I recently crashed my site by (stupidly) changing some code. The site was offline as I've been using my computer with microsoft webmatrix as a local server.  I made a back up of the entire site using the back up by supsystic plugin (back up also saved to the computer), I can see the back up is there, but have no idea how to manually restore the site. 

Can anyone give me some advice on how to do this? There doesn't seem to be any tutorials or threads on this problem. It would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

restorebackupwordpresswebmatrixlocalservercrashed advicehelp

• Re: Any advice for restoring back-up data to a crashed wordpress site?

Sep 09, 2015 03:12 AM|Pengzhen Song - MSFT|LINK

Hi,

If your website is not working – you can restore backup of your site manually!

1. Unpack zip archive with backup. 2. Open folder with unpacked backup and in its descendants find more zip files with name like “BUPxxxxxxxxxxxxx.zip”. All these files you need to unpack in a new folder. 3. Then in this folder, find and select the desired folders and moved them to the site in the appropriate section.

For more information, please refer to FAQ section in the document:

http://supsystic.com/plugins/backup-plugin/

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience. Click HERE to participate the survey.
    Thanks!
  • Re: Any advice for restoring back-up data to a crashed wordpress site?

Sep 09, 2015 09:36 AM|finius|LINK

Hi,

Firstly thank you very much for the advice, it is really appreciated. I have extracted all the BUP files and can see all the folders seem to be in the right place. I am just wondering whether I can simply delete the whole wp-admin folder on webmatrix and replace it with the whole wp-admin back up folder (for example) or do I need to replace individual folders one at a time? Or do I simply delete everything and move all the files across? (most of the tutorials seem to go for this but there not doing it using a local server - all seem to be done using FTP)

Sorry to keep hassling, I've just become quite paranoid about messing with anything unless I know exactly what I'm doing. Thanks again for your time!