We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Can WebMatrix be used to edit classic ASP pages and websites? [Answered]RSS

2 replies

Last post Sep 07, 2015 09:50 AM by Doctor Who

• Can WebMatrix be used to edit classic ASP pages and websites?

Sep 06, 2015 03:58 PM|Doctor Who|LINK

There's a classic ASP application that I occasionally help with. I did the work using Microsoft Expression Web 4 on an older laptop. I've got a new desktop, with Windows 10 installed. I'd like to continue doing that maintenance work, but don't want to go back to using Expression Web. So I'd like to know if WebMatrix will work with classic ASP pages and web sites? Can it open the Expression Web projects and "know" how to work with them?

project asp

Doctor Who
  • Re: Can WebMatrix be used to edit classic ASP pages and websites?

Sep 06, 2015 10:56 PM|Pengzhen Song - MSFT|LINK

Hi,

Yes, webmatrix support classic asp page. About opening Expression Web projects, you can have a try. If not, maybe you have to copy the files to the webmatrix project.

project asp

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience. Click HERE to participate the survey.
    Thanks!
  • Re: Can WebMatrix be used to edit classic ASP pages and websites?

Sep 07, 2015 09:50 AM|Doctor Who|LINK

Pengzhen Song - MSFT

Hi,

Yes, webmatrix support classic asp page. About opening Expression Web projects, you can have a try. If not, maybe you have to copy the files to the webmatrix project.

OK this sounds good. I don't want to install Expression Web so WebMatrix would work. And I hope that it works with the EW project file.

Thanks!

project asp

Doctor Who