Improving performance using IISRSS

2 replies

Last post Jul 13, 2015 03:16 PM by raghav-puri

• Improving performance using IIS

Jul 08, 2015 12:25 PM|AkhilK|LINK

We're trying to tune a multi-threaded scribe application to improve its performance. One of the ideas I had was to pre-allocate space in one of the memory streams that was being passed around.  

I noticed substantial time savings while testing in developer environment. However the savings disappeared as soon as I deployed to a server.

I narrowed down the discrepancy to  IIS EXPRESS running locally versus IIS running on the server.  

Could someone explain why this is the case and what is the workaround, if there is one?  I know IIS has built-in overhead with the worker process manager which could affect things.

Thanks

• Re: Improving performance using IIS

Jul 09, 2015 04:20 AM|Pengzhen Song - MSFT|LINK

Hi.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience. Click HERE to participate the survey.
    Thanks!
  • Re: Improving performance using IIS

Jul 13, 2015 03:16 PM|raghav-puri|LINK

Hi Akhil,

Can you please share what changes you have made to development environment so that we can reproduce the issue at our end.

Also could you please provide the configuration details of your system and application when deploying to IIS server

1) OS Version

2) Target Framework of your Application

3) Application Pool (Classic Or Integrated)

4) Bitness of the Application Pool