IIS 6.0 secure transactions slowed downRSS

1 reply

Last post Jun 08, 2015 10:55 PM by gtscdsi

• IIS 6.0 secure transactions slowed down

Jun 04, 2015 09:01 AM|geojf3|LINK

Hi all,

For almost a year we have been allowing members to make payment from our site through a bank gateway that we developed using Microsoft Visual Studio 2012, ASP.NET and VB.NET.  It has been running without an issue since inception.  As of a week ago, the bank voiding the payment transactions because the automated response to their Session Verification Request started taking longer than 15 seconds.

There has been no change to the code and the only changes that have happened to the server are the automatic Microsoft updates.

The server is a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition Service Pack 2.  IIS is 6.0. .NET is 4.0.

From my very limited knowledge of finding and looking through the logs, I can see no indication of why this slow down is occurring.

As for the connection, we have Optimum, fiber optic lines at 50mbps.  The connection was upgraded (almost doubled) about a month ago.

Any suggestions/ideas as to what could be causing the slow down would be appreciated.

• Re: IIS 6.0 secure transactions slowed down

Jun 08, 2015 10:55 PM|gtscdsi|LINK

Hi geojf3,

Thank you post here.

There are a lot of factors could caused your application slow down. Like external service request, database server network connection issue etc..

But the most effective way to figure out what caused your application slow response is to collect w3wp.exe dump and analysis which thread time cost most and what the call stack looks like within this thread.

I guess you could submit an Microsoft official support request and they could help with you to narrow down the cause or help you with dump analysis, please refer to following link to get more help.

Best Regards,

We focus on various troubleshooting plan and solution on IIS web platform and distributed applications. Please contact us at:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/asiatech/