64-bit Editions of IIS
IIS in SySWoW Mode
How to Remove the IIS 8 Welcome PAge
Last post May 26, 2015 08:00 AM by Pengzhen Song - MSFT
May 20, 2015 06:51 AM|mdkaleel|LINK
I want to remove the IIS Default Welcome Page
Tried the Below:
1. Renamed the C:\Intepub\wwwroot\iisstart.htm - Eventhough Page is loading Welcome Page
2. Disabled the Default Website - Eventhough Page is loading Welcome Page
3. Deleted the Default Website - Eventhough Page is loading Welcome Page
Windows Server 2008
May 20, 2015 08:10 AM|fab777|LINK
and did you try to empty your browser cache?
May 20, 2015 09:19 AM|mdkaleel|LINK
Yes , I Did no Effect. :-(
May 20, 2015 10:12 AM|fab777|LINK
Well, I can see two options from here :
- you still have the page in your browser cache (maybe you'll have to close the browser to effictively empty the cache, or the safest test would be to access to the webserver from another workstation)
- you're accessing to another webserver that the one you've removed the default website.
I mean Just stopping the default website should be enough to return a 404 error when you try to access it instead of the 'iisstart.htm' page.
How do you access this webserver (locally/remotely - with a DNS alias or an IP address)? Do you have multiple websites running on it? Can you give us more details on your configuration?
May 21, 2015 08:50 AM|mdkaleel|LINK
Running more than 1 website, Nothing is configured to Port 80
Accessing Through IP through remotely
May 26, 2015 08:00 AM|Pengzhen Song - MSFT|LINK
Maybe there is some redirect in your configuration files. Please check applicationhost.config and web.config files. And I suggest that you can access http://yourIP/iisstart2.htm (wrong name) via IE browser and enable detailed error messages in IIS to check
if the physical path is as you exprect.