Installation Error - Code 1722RSS

3 replies

Last post May 14, 2015 07:49 AM by DiogoR

• Installation Error - Code 1722

May 13, 2015 03:44 PM|DiogoR|LINK

Hi All,

I'm having issues to install the FastCGI module on a Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition.

I downloaded the correct install from http://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/fastcgi-for-iis (even tried to download the x86 one, no luck) .

It seems to be crashing while running the following Custom Action: CustomAction_fcgisetup.exe_install.

I have the full MSI installation log if needed, but the important part is below:

MSI (s) (A4:A0) [15:10:11:880]: Executing op: CacheSizeFlush(,)
    MSI (s) (A4:A0) [15:10:11:880]: Executing op: InstallProtectedFiles(AllowUI=1)
    MSI (s) (A4:A0) [15:10:11:880]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=CustomAction_fcgisetup.exe_install,,)
    Action 15:10:11: CustomAction_fcgisetup.exe_install. 
    MSI (s) (A4:A0) [15:10:11:896]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=CustomAction_fcgisetup.exe_install,ActionType=1026,Source=BinaryData,Target=-install,)
    MSI (s) (A4:A0) [15:10:11:989]: Note: 1: 1722 2: CustomAction_fcgisetup.exe_install 3: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI42.tmp 4: -install 
    Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action CustomAction_fcgisetup.exe_install, location: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI42.tmp, command: -install 
    MSI (s) (A4:A0) [15:10:15:255]: Product: FastCGI 1.5 (x64) RTW -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action CustomAction_fcgisetup.exe_install, location: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI42.tmp, command: -install 

Action ended 15:10:15: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

Is there any dependency that I need to install first?

I was able to install it on our Dev server with no errors (this is our Quality Server) and I noticed the C++ x86 runtime are not the same (there is no v2005 installed on QA but it is installed on DEV)

Any suggestions?

iis6 installation error CustomActionfcgisetup.exeinstall

• Re: Installation Error - Code 1722

May 14, 2015 05:11 AM|Pengzhen Song - MSFT|LINK

Hi,

I suggest that you can try directly install it without web PI.

FastCGI 1.5 for IIS x86 / x64

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience. Click HERE to participate the survey.
    Thanks!

May 14, 2015 07:24 AM|DiogoR|LINK

Pengzhen Song - MSFT

Hi,

I suggest that you can try directly install it without web PI.

FastCGI 1.5 for IIS x86 / x64

Hi,

That was the step I did, I downloaded to the server both installations, the x86 won't even start because it says it could not detect the IIS version (as expected, this is a 64bits server) and the x64 works up to the end, when it gives up the error message.

May 14, 2015 07:49 AM|DiogoR|LINK

I extracted the the fcgisetup.exe from inside the MSI and tried to run it manually and see if I could see the error message, I found the following:

The procedure entry point InterlockedExchange could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll. 

We have two QA servers and this is happening on both of them, this is why I asked if there is any kind of Requirements or runtimes I need to install (.net or c++).

Does that makes sense?