IIS Feature Feedback
IIS services fail to start: "Windows could not start the Windows Proc...
Last post Jan 22, 2015 04:42 PM by nooruddins
Jan 22, 2015 04:42 PM|nooruddins|LINK
The post is applicable to W2008, and W2008 R2
This issue occurs when the system transaction log file is corrupted. Please try each step individually to resolve the issue.
1) Open command prompt in "Administrative Mode"
2) type "fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\" without quotation
3) Reboot the server
1) Remove and re-add WAS feature from the Server Manager.
2) Try re-starting the service.
1) Open Windows Registry
2) Go to HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/services/WAS and compare the "Description" and "DisplayName" data value with another server. If other server is not available, then it should look like this:
Description Reg_SZ @%windir%\system32\inetsrv\iisres.dll,-30002
DisplayName Reg_SZ @%windir%\system32\inetsrv\iisres.dll,-30001
3) Go to HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/services/WAS/Parameters
and check the "Configuration Path" data value. By default, it should be "C:\Inetpub\Temp\appPools". If this is not the case, then change it to "C:\Inetpub\Temp\appPools". Please make sure that "appPools" folder exist.
4) Reboot the server.
These steps should be able to resolve the issue and start the WAS service. If not, then most likely server needs to be re-build.
Thank you, Shabbir Nooruddin