PHP setup and Joomla setup - Permission not rightRSS

3 replies

Last post Oct 16, 2014 04:12 PM by Giraff

• PHP setup and Joomla setup - Permission not right

Aug 11, 2014 05:50 AM|Giraff|LINK

Hi All,

I have moved a Joomla site from one server to another. It is from a Linux server to a Windows 2008 R2 with IIS 7.5 and after the move I got one problem with "permissions" for the site.

I have tried to follow http://docs.joomla.org/IIS this guide but I'm running the server in a domain. So instead of the "Local computer" I used the IIS_IUSRS off the domain.

When this didn't worked I tried a new thing. I installed a new Joomla site from bottom off to see if it has anything to do with me moving the site. Same issue, no change.

To try something else I tried to give the site's folder permissions to "Everyone". This is a security issue and not something to do, but I tried it for a test and the site is running.

Does any one have a clue off what's wrong about the IIS_IUSRS since I does not give the right permissions on the joomla site??

Maybe I'm looking the wrong Places and it is something completely different. Is there a PHP setting or a Windows setting I'm getting wrong??

joomla iis php

• DropPhone DropPhone

360 Posts

Microsoft

Re: PHP setup and Joomla setup - Permission not right

Sep 12, 2014 11:58 AM|DropPhone|LINK

I'm not sure if this applies or not, but have you tried setting the fastcgi.impersonate setting to 1 in the system-wide php.ini?

Thx!

--E.

joomla iis php

• Re: PHP setup and Joomla setup - Permission not right

Oct 14, 2014 03:42 PM|Giraff|LINK

I have searched the web a bit and it see like it could be a possible solution.

I will give it a try in some days.

joomla iis php

• Re: PHP setup and Joomla setup - Permission not right

Oct 16, 2014 04:12 PM|Giraff|LINK

This options was not applied to the PHP setting, but it didn't change the Permission.

Maybe it could be something about the temp folder settings on PHP/Windows/IIS ???

joomla iis php