SmoothStreamingMediaElement so much bugRSS

3 replies

Last post Sep 10, 2014 09:20 AM by Purushothamb

• SmoothStreamingMediaElement so much bug

Jul 18, 2014 03:23 AM|koumi|LINK

The following is the list of SmoothStreamingMediaElement  bug,It makes me very troubled

1、when I pause the video,it has a very litter chance of black screen

2、when I seek,it has a very litter chance of stop play,if I do something about player this time,the player crashed

3、I Can't set the position although after media_open and also SeekCompleted. But not always, sometimes yes, sometimes no

it's a big bug,I have no idea, so I set the position after PlaybackTrackChanged event,It works good,but it's not a good idea,sometimes the Track will not changed,This causes the position set is not usefull

• Re: SmoothStreamingMediaElement so much bug

Jul 21, 2014 03:18 AM|Jenny Li-MSFT|LINK

Hi there, 

So are you using an existing player or developing a player? if the latter, are you developing with Silverlight? and what developer-version is using?

Regards,

Jenny 

Jul 21, 2014 11:09 AM|koumi|LINK

Hi jenny,

I developing a player on windows phone8,it seems that the ssme dll on wp8 is Weaker then the ssme dll on pc silverlight

all bugs is on windows phone, the developer-verson is latest

thanks

Sep 10, 2014 09:20 AM|Purushothamb|LINK

Hi Jenny, 

I'm facing a issue in Player Framework for Windows Phone 8. In My App I'm using the player to play live streaming videos , it works fine with some videos. But some times it throws unhandled exception while try to play the video streaming.

Here is the stacktrace 

at System.Windows.Duration..ctor(TimeSpan timeSpan)
    at Microsoft.Web.Media.SmoothStreaming.SmoothStreamingMediaElement.OnMediaOpened(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
    at MS.Internal.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(Int32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)
    at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName)

Is there a way to handle this exception. I did some research on this issue.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/752189/smoothstreamingmediaelement-ver-2-0-1572-18-throws-unhandled-exceptions-when-connecting-to-a-just-started-live-publishing-point

https://playerframework.codeplex.com/workitem/24281

Please help me in resolving this Issue..

Thanks,

Purushotham B.

PlayerFramework LivePlayBackOffIssue WindowsPhone8SmoothStreaming