IP Canonicalization  [Answered]RSS

3 replies

Last post Jul 14, 2014 09:37 PM by Ken Schaefer

• IP Canonicalization

Jul 13, 2014 10:19 PM|SuperRom|LINK

How do you enable IP canonicalization on IIS 8.  I recall doing it for IIS 7, but I forgot what I did. Not sure if I did it by DNS via Godaddy or with IIS. Now I have Amazon Route 53. Anyhow, did Google search and yielded no results. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ip Ipcanonicalization

• Re: IP Canonicalization

Jul 14, 2014 01:28 AM|Ken Schaefer|LINK

Are you talking about redirecting users from one hostname to another? IIS has a redirect feature if that's what you want to do

ip Ipcanonicalization

Jul 14, 2014 08:50 AM|SuperRom|LINK

No, I am referring to if the user inputs my site IP address it will redirect them to the domain name. Ex. XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX to Mysite.com.

Seositecheckup.com says that my site is missing IP Canonicalization and it is ideal for SEO purposes. Thanks.

ip Ipcanonicalization

Jul 14, 2014 09:37 PM|Ken Schaefer|LINK

SuperRom

No, I am referring to if the user inputs my site IP address it will redirect them to the domain name. Ex. XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX to Mysite.com.

If you want to do this at the IIS layer, then setup two websites: one with a binding of IP address+port 80 only, and configure a redirect for this site to your second site. Your second website will have bindings of mysite.com+IP+Port 80

ip Ipcanonicalization