We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Looking for basics for installing WordPress [Answered]RSS

2 replies

Last post May 12, 2014 07:53 AM by hubertd

• Looking for basics for installing WordPress

May 11, 2014 11:53 AM|hubertd|LINK

Hi

I would like to install and use WordPress on Windows Server 2012. Have installed the package from WebInstaller.  The first problem I found was a missing CGI module. This is installed now and the error message changed. The next problem seems to relate to file permissions and I have two road blocks with this

1. I have created an application pool (with .Net 4 setting) with my name. Now that application pool does not seem to relate to a specific user account. How can I find out which user is behind the AppPool name? 
    2. What permissions are required on which directory?  E.g. would imagine the admin directory to hold different permissions than others

I understand these questions are very basic. But I have been unable to find a general guide on how to install WordPress. If there was one, please point me to it.

Thank you in advance for any help

Hubert

permission wordpress wordpresspermission

• Re: Looking for basics for installing WordPress

May 12, 2014 12:50 AM|lextm|LINK

Lex Li
    Want to have a chat on the issues you meet? Book an appointment at https://buy.stripe.com/cN24ia0yi7sAdIA7sv
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Re: Looking for basics for installing WordPress

May 12, 2014 07:53 AM|hubertd|LINK

Cool. Thank you