Is it possible to redirect another worker process in web garden [Answered]RSS

3 replies

Last post Feb 20, 2014 04:24 AM by hughzzq

• Is it possible to redirect another worker process in web garden

Jan 26, 2014 03:35 AM|hughzzq|LINK

Hi,

I have some static data in my web application.  When I deploy web application to a web garden environment, it works incorrectly.  I know it is because request run in different worker process.  I also know to solve this problem, I should make my static data serializable and use state server. 

But I only wonder, is it possible to redirect request to another worker process which has initialized static data?  Or is there a way to implement request stick to one worker process(request affinity)?

Thanks.

webgarden worker process

• Re: Is it possible to redirect another worker process in web garden

Jan 26, 2014 07:55 PM|hughzzq|LINK

Anyone?

webgarden worker process

Jan 31, 2014 02:04 AM|Angie xu - MSFT|LINK

Thanks for your feedback.
    According to current information, I don't think it is possible to redirect request to another worker process as you describe above.
    First the worker processes start up as needed,
    Because Web gardens enable the use of multiple processes, each process will have its own copy of application state, in-process session state, caches, and static data. Web gardens should not be used for all applications, especially if they need to maintain state. Be sure to benchmark the performance of the application before deciding whether Web garden mode is appropriate.
    When using session state, be aware that worker process isolation mode does not support routing requests back to a process that originated the request back.
    As each request arrives, it is automatically sent to the next sequential process. For example, if a Web garden has 4 processes, requests are sent to processes 0, 1, 2, and 3, in that order. The cycle is then repeated for additional requests.
    hope it helps.
    Regards
    Angie

webgarden worker process

Angie xu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.

Feb 20, 2014 04:24 AM|hughzzq|LINK

Hi Angie,

Thanks for your patient reply.  I gave up to find out this approach.

webgarden worker process