Classic ASP code movement from IIS6.0 TO ISS7.0 [Answered]RSS

1 reply

Last post Jan 22, 2014 03:58 AM by Terry Guo - MSFT

• Classic ASP code movement from IIS6.0 TO ISS7.0

Jan 21, 2014 03:37 AM|ashokreddy08|LINK

<div class="status messageIcon question root">Question</div> <div class="votingouterbox"> <div class="voting">You cannot vote on your own post <div style="display: block;" class="votenumber">0</div> </div> <div class="votinglabel"></div> </div> <div class="messageContent"> <div class="container"> <div class="body">

Hi,

I am using classic asp application that is hosted in IIS 6.0 and Server is windows 2003 SP2.

If we move code from IIS 6.0 TO IIS7.0 what will be the advantage and what's the procedure.

If i take back up for the IIS6.0 then that back up shell i restore for IIS 7.0.

Please can you expalin me anyone on this details. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Ashok

</div> </div> </div>

ClassicASPcodemovementfromIIS6.0TOIIS7.0

• Re: Classic ASP code movement from IIS6.0 TO ISS7.0

Jan 22, 2014 03:58 AM|Terry Guo - MSFT|LINK

Hi ashokreddy,

About the advantage of IIS7.0 please refer to this article:

#How to Take Advantage of the IIS 7.0 Integrated Pipeline

About how to restore the IIS7.0 from IIS6.0, please refer to:

You should always create a backup of your destination IIS 7 Web server configuration before you use Web Deploy to migrate an IIS 6.0 Web site or server to IIS 7. You can create the backup by using the AppCmd.exe command line tool which is included with IIS 7. The AppCmd.exe tool is located in the %windir%\system32\inetsrv folder.

More information please refer to:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff633422(v=ws.10).aspx

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
    Terry Guo

ClassicASPcodemovementfromIIS6.0TOIIS7.0

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience. Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks!