How can I make FastCGI application not be killed by IIS even when it's timeout?  [Answered]RSS

1 reply

Last post Dec 31, 2013 08:37 PM by Angie xu - MSFT

• How can I make FastCGI application not be killed by IIS even when it's timeout?

Dec 30, 2013 10:20 PM|yamaTao|LINK

I want to set a FastCGI application to be permanent, never be killed by IIS when requests reach the InstanceMaxRequests number or in other timeout condition. However ,unlike apache, FastCGI Handler prohibit setting parameter to 0, How should i do?

timeoutInstanceMaxRequests

• Re: How can I make FastCGI application not be killed by IIS even when it's timeout?

Dec 31, 2013 08:37 PM|Angie xu - MSFT|LINK

HI yamaTao

yamaTao

never be killed by IIS when requests reach the InstanceMaxRequests number or in other timeout condition.

For the sake of safety, I don't think you can do this. As we know, Occasionally, we may have to immediately recycle an unhealthy worker process instead of waiting for the next configured recycle, and recycle an application Pool on demand. When FastCGI is used, IIS will use the value in the maxInstances attribute of the <application>

element to determine the number of FastCGI processes that can run in the process pool.

In addition, activityTimeout specifies the maximum time, in seconds, that a FastCGI process can take to process. Acceptable values are in the range from 10 through 3600. The default value in IIS 7.0 is 30; the default for IIS 7.5 is 70.

maxInstances specifies the maximum number of FastCGI worker processes that can be started in an application pool. Acceptable values are in the range from 1 through 10000. The default value is 4.

Best regards

Angie

timeoutInstanceMaxRequests

Angie xu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.