ARR 3.0 and Web Deploy 3.5, Not workingRSS

5 replies

Last post Aug 02, 2020 04:01 AM by NedStark

• ARR 3.0 and Web Deploy 3.5, Not working

Dec 12, 2013 10:32 AM|tank6035|LINK

I have a 2012 r2 web farm with one control server and two content servers. I am runing ARR 3.0 on the control server and web deploy 3.5 on the content servers. I am using Visual Studio's Publish via Web Deploy to deploy my sites. I have Client affinity checked as per this page . But when I enter the URL for the server farm, I recieve the error "Web Deploy experienced a connection problem with the server and had to terminate the connection". If I enter a content server's name for the server, the publish works perfectly.

When tring to publish, I am seeing request going to one of the servers via monitoring and management, it shows the response time as '7590' and 1 of 6 request failed.

What I am I doing wrong?

• Re: ARR 3.0 and Web Deploy 3.5, Not working

Dec 13, 2013 03:49 AM|Terry Guo - MSFT|LINK

Hi tank,

I think maybe you have had more than one version of Web Deploy installed. 

If so, I suggest you deleting all the Web Deploys in the folder.

If your problem still exists, please post your log information to here.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
    Terry Guo

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience. Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks!

Dec 13, 2013 03:39 PM|tank6035|LINK

I am not sure which folder you mean I should delete the Web Deploys from. I did find an C:\Program Files\IIS. It contains two folders; microsoft web delopy, and microsoft web deploy v3. I un-install web deploy via control panal and it deleted both folders. After re installing it via web platform installer both folders were back.

In the web deploy logs on one of the content servers, I get 3 error events:

• ERROR_SERIALIZER_ALREADY_DISPOSED - The object 'Microsoft.Web.Deployment.TraceEventStreamSerializer' has already been disposed. System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream
    • User:
      Client IP: ***.***.***.***:80
      Content-Type: application/msdeploy
      Version: 9.0.0.0
      MSDeploy.VersionMin: 7.1.600.0
      MSDeploy.VersionMax: 9.0.1762.0
      MSDeploy.Method: Sync
      MSDeploy.RequestId: f44b1cc1-a48e-4827-9625-a912091de0a4
      MSDeploy.RequestCulture: en-US
      MSDeploy.RequestUICulture: en-US
      ServerVersion: 9.0.1762.0
      Skip: objectName="^configProtectedData$"
      Provider: contentPath, Path: default web site/test
      A tracing deployment agent exception occurred that was propagated to the client. Request ID 'f44b1cc1-a48e-4827-9625-a912091de0a4'. Request Timestamp: '12/13/2013 1:16:34 PM'. Error Details:
      System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.

• ERROR_SERIALIZER_ALREADY_DISPOSED - An error occurred on a callback thread. These errors are usually benign and are handled automatically. The details are below:
      System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a closed Stream.

Dec 16, 2013 04:15 AM|Vogues|LINK

Hi,

Try to refer to the following solution:

In publishing preference -> publish output->Service URL:  just remove the leading http:// or https://.

More information please refer to:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsazure/en-US/43384d90-d8e0-45a8-9460-35c6455f75e5/webdeploy-to-a-serve-2012-vm-from-vs-2012?forum=WAVirtualMachinesforWindows

Jan 08, 2014 02:44 PM|tank6035|LINK

Are these setting in Visual Studio? I can find them in 2012 or 2013.

Aug 02, 2020 04:01 AM|NedStark|LINK

In my case, the issue was caused by a security software in our environment. However, while doing research about this issue, I noticed that these are also required for Web Deploy to work:

- Management Services should be installed (Add Role and Features > Web
    Server)
    - Web Management Service sand Web Deploy Agent Service hould be
    running
    - Make sure Fiddler or any other similar software is not
    running while publishing
    - Make sure TCP port 8172 is open in the
    server

Source: Web Deploy experienced a connection problem (ERROR_CONNECTION_TERMINATED)