I can't access to an excel file with ADODB conexion after an update of softwaresRSS

3 replies

Last post Oct 23, 2013 07:30 AM by justadude

• I can't access to an excel file with ADODB conexion after an update of softwares

Sep 26, 2013 11:36 AM|pasc18hon|LINK

Hello,

My system : IIs6 + Windows Server 2003 std ed R2 SP 2

Previously I had access to an excel file located on the same server as IIS.

Our supplier came to upgrade PDMWorks webviewer from 2012 to 2013 version ( an IIS application).

On the same IIS instance I have my own asp pages that read and write data with ADODB to an excel 2007 file (it for a very reduced use).

Now it doen't work anymore and it seems to fail when executing the "execute" methode with connection object, but without any error message or only standard error HTTP 500. See the following code :

Other asp pages without no ADOB connection seems to work fine.

<%
    strSQL = "SELECT * FROM FPR_ENR"
    FichierD = "E:\site\fpr\FPR.xlsx"

Set cn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    cn.Provider = "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0"
    cn.ConnectionString = "Data Source=" & FichierD & ";Extended Properties=""Excel 12.0;HDR=YES"";"
    cn.Open

Set rsCustomers = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

set rsCustomers = cn.Execute(strSQL)

Response.Write("ok")
    %>

Thanks for your help

Regards

• Re: I can't access to an excel file with ADODB conexion after an update of softwares

Sep 27, 2013 03:06 AM|Pengzhen Song - MSFT|LINK

HI,

According to your description, it seems related to PDMWorks. You can post the thread to solidWorks Forums https://forum.solidworks.com/community/solidworks/api?view=discussions where you can get better answers.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience. Click HERE to participate the survey.
    Thanks!
  • Re: I can't access to an excel file with ADODB conexion after an update of softwares

Sep 30, 2013 03:12 AM|pasc18hon|LINK

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

But PDMWorks works fine, it's only my own application which doesn't works anymore, not sure that solidworks forum give me an answer for that.

Probably due to new settings or a security patch KBxxxxx, have you an idea about the origin of the problem or how to investigate ?

Oct 23, 2013 07:30 AM|justadude|LINK

from the looks of your code example, it doesn't look like you are doing any kind of error handling to report anything meaningful to us. I'd recommend that you review the link I am attaching and update your script to capture an exception and report it out. this may help us/you get a better understanding of what is going wrong. good luck.

http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/060399-1.shtml