Inherited (default) connection string IIS mysteryRSS

2 replies

Last post Sep 24, 2013 03:26 PM by JackSThor

• Inherited (default) connection string IIS mystery

Sep 24, 2013 01:38 PM|JackSThor|LINK

In my IIS I have a connection string that is inherited from some where. Do anybody know where it came from because in the conection string is

AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|aspnetdb.mdf

DataDirectory for some reason points to inetsrv in system32. I am thinking that it is not suppose to. How should I configure this? It is causing me a error when I want to access the database via database manager in IIS

An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\windows\system32\inetsrv \aspnetdb.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.

and I think it is the reason why my website does not work because it is the only connection string I have that connects to my local server. I can add a connections string but the website does not inherit like it does this one.

connection string mdf

• Re: Inherited (default) connection string IIS mystery

Sep 24, 2013 02:58 PM|jeff@zina.com|LINK

Gest guess is you already have a database attached from another app.  Could also be you are running a user instance of SQLExpress.

Take a look at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/6dfdcc22-7a81-4e8f-a947-c1ce6982d4b3/flustered-a-database-with-the-same-name-exists-or-specified-file-cannot-be-opened-or-it-is

http://forums.asp.net/t/879454.aspx

These are ASP.NET issues by the way, not IIS.

Jeff

connection string mdf

Have you Binged a solution before posting?
  • Re: Inherited (default) connection string IIS mystery

Sep 24, 2013 03:26 PM|JackSThor|LINK

I think that the databse was not inherited from another app, becuase a seperate app would not inherit that database either unless specified. Am I right? This database is in the conneciton sting of my localhost server where all my other site automatically inherits this sconneciton string. Yet when I added a cusotm connection string to the server none of the other apps inherits this this new connecitons string that added.

connection string mdf