We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

405 - HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed. [Answered]RSS

1 reply

Last post Aug 19, 2013 01:43 AM by Terry Guo - MSFT

• 405 - HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed.

Aug 15, 2013 02:29 AM|kernesp|LINK

I'm new to web server configurations especially in IIS and was running the following page: http://schuynet.slulabservices.com/schuynet/ on IIS6 (Windows Server 2003). Since upgrading to IIS7.5 (Windows 2008R2) when trying to submit a form which posts to a file with a .dll extension (schuynet.dll?user) I get an error 405-HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed. 

I've done some research online which told me to do the following:

1. Ensure ISAP Filters and Extensions are installed components.

2. Ensure an exception is created for the specific .dll file in ISAP Filters and CGI Restrictions.

3. Change the extension of the file to .asp

All of which haven't worked and I am no closer to solving it. Can anyone help me figure this out? I would definitely be in your debt.

• Re: 405 - HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed.

Aug 19, 2013 01:43 AM|Terry Guo - MSFT|LINK

Hi kernesp

According to your description and error, I think the question might cause by you have not setup the limit of HTTP Verbs, please try to refer to the following steps,

1. Go to "Control Panel"-"Administrative Tools"-"Internet Information Services".
    2. Expand the tree to "COMPUTERNAME"-"Web Sites"-"Default Web Site".
    3. Right-click on "Default Web Site" and select "Properties". (Alternately, select "Default Web Site" and press Alt+Enter.)
    4. Select the "Home Directory" tab.
    5. Click the "Configuration" button.
    6. From the "Mappings" tab, select the "Add" button.
    7. Click the "Browse..." button, choose "Dynamic Link Libraries *.dll" from the "Files of Type" dropdown, and select c:\WINDOWS\System32\inetsrv\asp.dll.
    8. Type ".html" (without quotes) in the "Extension" box.
    9. Select the "Limit to:" radio button, and type in "GET, POST" (without quotes) in the box next to it.

10. Click the "OK" button and close all the dialogs. (If the "OK" button is greyed out, then make sure all the entries are correct and try clicking in the file name box.)

In you have any question please let me know.

Best Regards,
    Terry Guo

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience. Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks!