How do I get Web Deploy Installed Correctly [Answered]RSS

2 replies

Last post Jul 01, 2013 03:22 AM by Pengzhen Song - MSFT

• How do I get Web Deploy Installed Correctly

Jun 29, 2013 09:53 AM|MatthewMcD|LINK

I have been combing the documentation for Web Deploy and all of it seems very out of date. The latest 3.5 modules are dated 6/10/2013 and the documentation appears to be from 2011.

I would like to host an internal IIS site on a single IIS Server on Windows Server 2012.

I would like to be able to publish from Web Matrix

Do I need the "Recommended Configuration for Hosting Providers" suggested in the installation: http://www.iis.net/learn/install/installing-publishing-technologies/installing-and-configuring-web-deploy

It appears that there are new modules that are not referenced by any documantation. (Like Web Deploy for Hosting Servers)

Can anyone please clarify:

• What is required
    • What modules should be installed
    • How to publish from Web Matrix once it's all configured.

Thanks!

Matt

webdeploy

• Re: How do I get Web Deploy Installed Correctly

Jun 29, 2013 10:54 AM|MatthewMcD|LINK

Here is the quick version of what I found that is more recent guidance and was enough for my demo:

1. Install Web Deploy 3.5 for Hosting Servers
    2. Bounce IIS and IIS Manager
    3. Configure the Management Service I used parts of this: http://blog.scnetstudio.com/post/2011/01/08/How-to-Configure-Windows-Server-2008-R2-to-support-Web-Deploy-(for-Web-Matrix).aspx
    4. Install Web Matrix to another machine. (You cannot deploy to the local machine.)
    5. Deploy from the machine in 4 to the machine configured in 3.

Hope that helps others through the process

Matt 

webdeploy

• Re: How do I get Web Deploy Installed Correctly

Jul 01, 2013 03:22 AM|Pengzhen Song - MSFT|LINK

Hi,

We are happy that your issue has been resolved. And thanks for sharing solution with us.

webdeploy

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience. Click HERE to participate the survey.
    Thanks!