Install FastCGI IIS7 without internet [Answered]RSS

8 replies

Last post Apr 24, 2013 10:29 AM by blegarrec

• Install FastCGI IIS7 without internet

Apr 23, 2013 09:28 AM|blegarrec|LINK

Hi, i'm trying to install the FastCGI module in a Windows 7. But i d'ont have internet in this pc, and i want to install FastCGI IIS7 without Microsoft Web Platform ! How can i do that !? It's possible with FastCGI 1.5 for windows XP, but FastCGI 1.5 is not for Windows 7.

Tanks for help

B. Le Garrec

• Re: Install FastCGI IIS7 without internet

Apr 23, 2013 09:42 AM|fredcumbee|LINK

Fred Cumbee

Please 'Mark as Answer' if this post helps you.

OrcsWeb: Managed Windows Hosting Solutions
    "Remarkable Service. Remarkable Support."

Apr 23, 2013 09:58 AM|blegarrec|LINK

Hi fredcumbee, thanks for your answers. But i saw your links before i posted this thread.

I explain my problem :
    I have to make an installation FastCGI / Php 5.4 for users. Some users have Windows XP (no problem for that), and some users have Windows 7 (that's the problem). With Windows XP, we have 'fcgisetup_1.5_rtw_x86.msi' (http://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/fastcgi-for-iis FastCGI 1.5 for IIS x86), and with this, you double click, and FastCGI install, and we just have to configure the IIS after. But with windows 7, we have only FastCGI for IIS (in the same link), but you have to download 'Microsoft Web Platform' to use the it, and we can't do that without internet.

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you will understand what i want,

Thanks for help,

B. Le Garrec

Apr 23, 2013 01:07 PM|fredcumbee|LINK

Ok, you can look into using the information in the link below.

http://terrid.me/using-web-platform-install-command-line-tool-to-perform-offline-installs/

Fred Cumbee

Apr 24, 2013 03:28 AM|blegarrec|LINK

Thanks Fred Cumbee ! this link is what i'm searching ! but there is one problem again Frown The web platform installer license. Terrie telling that you can download with the WebPICmd. And that's what i need, but in my situation, when i try commands lines, the cmd answer me that "The software that you obtain using the Web Platform Installer Command Line Tool os licensed to you by it's owner. Microsoft grants you no rights for third party software." So, i still have to download Web Platform Installer to have my own license isn't it? That's the last problem i have.

Thanks for help,

B. Le Garrec

Apr 24, 2013 03:58 AM|blegarrec|LINK

I test differents things, and i note the answer "The software that you obtain using the Web Platform Installer Command Line Tool os licensed to you by it's owner. Microsoft grants you no rights for third party software." is not the problem. The problem is "Unexpected exception occured. InternetOpenUrl returned 0x80072EE7: Unkown error 12007." . Because i have test to download Web Platform Installer 4.5 with internet, and install it with internet. After installing, i deconnect my pc, and then, i can use command line with webpicmd (and the message about the third party software still here, so it's not the problem).
    To conclude, that's what i think, i just can't install Web Platform Installer without internet... Your link was a good thing, because there is some elements i need, but not in the totality Frown

Apr 24, 2013 09:59 AM|blegarrec|LINK

So, it's ok ! After many and many research, i see that FastCGI doesn't have to be install with Web Platform Installer. Thanks to this Link : http://www.iis.net/configreference/system.webserver/fastcgi/application . I finally found what i want :)
    I hope help other people who need what i was needed

Thanks to Fred Cumbee for helping me, and support me,

B. Le Garrec

Apr 24, 2013 10:10 AM|fredcumbee|LINK

Glad you were able to figure it out blegarrec.  It looks to be the same instructions pointed out in the links of my 1st post though.

Fred Cumbee

Apr 24, 2013 10:29 AM|blegarrec|LINK

Yes you right, but i don't know why, when i see your link, it wasn't work... Don't tell us why... But you right, thanks for help me :)