We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Unable to establish connection in Webmatrix to IIS [Answered]RSS

4 replies

Last post Apr 22, 2013 02:48 AM by BenNewbie

• Unable to establish connection in Webmatrix to IIS

Feb 26, 2013 07:40 AM|BenNewbie|LINK

Server

Windows 2008 R2

IIS

.net4

Web Deploy 3.0

I have followed the instructions here:-

http://www.iis.net/learn/web-hosting/joining-the-web-hosting-gallery/configure-site-for-web-deploy-publishing

Yet from web matrix, I still can't connect to my IIS site. I just get Unable to Establish Connection' when validating the site settings (which I have imported from the file generated by web deploy on the IIS server). I have been trying to fix this for 2 days, surely this can't be that difficult.

I have checked and I can telnet to port 8172 from the web matrix machine. There is no firewall in between and windows firewall is turned off on both machines.

stumped :(

• Re: Unable to establish connection in Webmatrix to IIS

Feb 26, 2013 11:54 AM|Rick Barber|LINK

In IIS Manager, under your site, can you confirm that the user you are using is lised under IIS Manager Permissions for hte site?

Rick Barber

OrcsWeb: Managed Windows Hosting Solutions
    "Remarkable Service. Remarkable Support."
    IIS Community Newsletter

Feb 26, 2013 08:39 PM|BenNewbie|LINK

Hi Rick, thanks for the response. I can confirm the account I am using is listed in there, also I have tried this in a sandbox system using the administrator account and this hasn't helped either.

Mar 05, 2013 04:37 AM|Chen Yu - MSFT|LINK

Hi,

Do you means you can not publish your site with IIS ? If so, you could follow below article to publish your website.

Please check: http://drewby.com/publishing-from-webmatrix-to-your-own-server

If it doesn't help you, would you please tell us do you have any error message or which part return you can't connect to iis site? It will help us to understand your issue deeply. Thanks a lot.

Thanks.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    Feedback to us

Apr 22, 2013 02:48 AM|BenNewbie|LINK

Hi, thanks for the response.

I followed the instructions in the article but am still struggling with this. I have also tried this in a VMware sandbox with both the w2k8 iis 7 server and the client in the same network, I get exactly the same. Unable to establish connection despite exporting the web deploy profile from IIS and importing to web matrix. Happy to provide more information if you tell me where this all gets logged to.