Wildcard mapped ISAPI extension and custom errorsRSS

2 replies

Last post Feb 28, 2013 08:34 AM by dominique.pfister

• Wildcard mapped ISAPI extension and custom errors

Feb 21, 2013 12:18 PM|dominique.pfister|LINK

Hi,

I have a wildcard mapped ISAPI extension, and when I tell IIS that I do *not* want to handle the request, I use HSE_REQ_EXEC_URL with a setting of HSE_EXEC_URL_IGNORE_CURRENT_INTERCEPTOR, which works fine. This flag, however, prevents my extension from being called again when my extension "declines" a request that ultimately results in an HTTP error code (e.g. 404) mapped to a URL. 

If I do *not* specify HSE_EXEC_URL_IGNORE_CURRENT_INTERCEPTOR, my extension is called again with the custom error URL, which is exactly what I want, and the first tests show that my extension is never called more than twice, once for the original URL, then for the custom error URL.

My question: is it possible that my extension is called more than twice, possibly infinitely many times, and what are the ways to detect it?

Thanks, Dominique

• Re: Wildcard mapped ISAPI extension and custom errors

Feb 28, 2013 01:37 AM|molly_c|LINK

Yes, you can call the WriteClient function multiple times when you handle a response made up of multiple buffers. 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms525759(v=vs.90).aspx

Best Regards.
    Molly

It's time to start living the life you are imagined.
  • Re: Wildcard mapped ISAPI extension and custom errors

Feb 28, 2013 08:34 AM|dominique.pfister|LINK

Hello Molly,

Thanks for your reply, but I don't think it is related to my question, or did I miss something?

Kind regards

Dominique