Login failed when connecting to SQLExpress 2012 DBRSS

4 replies

Last post May 01, 2019 07:52 AM by ufabetnetwotk

• Login failed when connecting to SQLExpress 2012 DB

Feb 20, 2013 08:16 PM|wfaz|LINK

Hello 

I am attempting to link IIS 8 (on 2012 DC x64) with my locally installed SQLExpress 2012 installation. I know I have entered the correct server name and database as it is just prompting for a password. When I enter the password of the windows account which is linked to the database (domain\administrator), there is an error occurring which indicates a bad login (username/password error). I have also tried with the SA account and the same error occurs.

Is there anything obvious I am missing? Perhaps some mis-configuration in SQLExpress?

Any help would be appreciated

Kind regards,

• Re: Login failed when connecting to SQLExpress 2012 DB

Feb 21, 2013 02:57 AM|dotnetnerd|LINK

Hi wfaz,

Have you try to reset your password? Could you please kindly check that the SQL services is start?

Feb 21, 2013 11:45 AM|wfaz|LINK

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply

The service is definitely running as it does not throw a connection error, and it prompts for credentials (password). I use the administrator account for everything, the same server is a DNS, so it is getting credentials from there (windows authentication). I can try resetting it but I use the password all the time and it is problem free.

Thanks

May 29, 2013 02:01 AM|kctt|LINK

Instead of using Windows authentication, you should configure SQL server with dual mode Windows authentication and sql authentication.

Then create sql login on sql server and use it on website or in IIS.

May 01, 2019 07:52 AM|ufabetnetwotk|LINK

Very good article and very useful. Thanks for sharing your experience. ufabet