Web Deploy causes dll’s to be corrupt when executed from Windows Server 2012RSS

3 replies

Last post Sep 25, 2014 03:26 AM by ansj

• Web Deploy causes dll’s to be corrupt when executed from Windows Server 2012

Feb 04, 2013 02:59 AM|ansj|LINK

Hi,

We’re having problem with Web Deploy on Windows 2012 Servers.

The following command is executed in a Windows Server 2012 (Web Deploy V3)

msdeploy.exe  -verb:sync -source:contentpath=”path to source share” -dest:contentpath=”path to dest share”

This sometimes causes dll-files to be corrupt in the destination path!

I have compared corrupted dll-files from the source/destination and the corruptions in the files are different everytime

I have runned batch test and appr 10-20% of command execution above fails with corrupt dll-files.

We’ve been using this command on Server 2008/2008 R2 for several years without any dll-files to be corrupt.

The problem has occurred on all tested Windows 2012 servers.

Regards

Anders Sjölander

• Re: Web Deploy causes dll’s to be corrupt when executed from Windows Server 2012

Feb 08, 2013 03:33 AM|Chen Yu - MSFT|LINK

Hi,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    Feedback to us

• Re: Web Deploy causes dll’s to be corrupt when executed from Windows Server 2012

Sep 24, 2014 09:32 AM|teeohdeedee|LINK

Hello,

Did you ever find a resolution to this issue?  We are experiencing the same thing. 

Thanks,

Todd

Sep 25, 2014 03:26 AM|ansj|LINK

Hi!

We solved our case.

I think the problem was that we called msdeploy from Powershell. the problem with this was a missmatch between versions of powershell.

I not sure but I think we called a remote Powsershellv3 from v2. When we upgraded to V3 on the Calling server it worked.

Anders