Wordpress cannot write to windows shareRSS

4 replies

Last post Feb 05, 2013 04:30 AM by fab777

• Wordpress cannot write to windows share

Jan 29, 2013 05:52 PM|mindaugas|LINK

We have a configuration (all windows 2012 and IIS 8) with a cluster share setup and all sit econtent located in the share. Application pool idnetity is set to an AD user and pass-through auth is enabled along with the anonymous auth set as the app pool identity. We're using the fastcgi module and PHP was installed through WPI. We can create a php simple script to write a directory, but Wordpress is not able to. We also tried switching the auth to an administrator which we know has complete access and it didn't work. 

Does anyone have any idea? Is there a WP bug where it cannot write to shares?

More robots less humans
  • Re: Wordpress cannot write to windows share

Feb 02, 2013 10:42 PM|mindaugas|LINK

BUMP

More robots less humans

Feb 04, 2013 09:33 AM|fab777|LINK

Hi,

I think that as far as the ApplicationPool identity used for your wordpress site is an AD account granted to modify on your share, it should work... So can you chek if you have any related entries in the logs:

PHP error log? 

Application event log?

HTTPERR.SYS error log?

This message is provided "AS IS" with no warranties... But you can still mark it as answer if it's helped you.
    Fabrice ZERROUKI
    Wanna chill out? Here: JAHSound.net

Feb 04, 2013 02:08 PM|mindaugas|LINK

Sorry, I just realised that this is an issue with Nextgen gallery, not wordpress. Wordpress cna write fine, it's just this gallery plugin. I posted to their forums hoping for an answer.

More robots less humans

Feb 05, 2013 04:30 AM|fab777|LINK

Great! IIS can't never be ths issue!! ;)

This message is provided "AS IS" with no warranties... But you can still mark it as answer if it's helped you.
    Fabrice ZERROUKI
    Wanna chill out? Here: JAHSound.net