Getting <?php info(); ?> to update changes from php.ini file [Answered]RSS

5 replies

Last post Jan 28, 2013 07:01 PM by JamieFurr

• Getting <?php info(); ?> to update changes from php.ini file

Jan 26, 2013 09:14 PM|JFWily2|LINK

Hello.  I've worked on getting the mysql.dll module to communicate within my PHP version 5.4.11 for several days with limited success so far.  What irks me is that whenever I try and verify modifications that I make to the php.ini file, nothings seems to update at http://localhost/phpinfo.php   Of several other changes that I've attempted within the php.ini include fastcgi.impersonate="1" fastcgi.logging="0" date.timezone="America\New_York etc.. but nothing seems to show on the info page.  I've ensured that the extension_dir=""  is correct. My PHP folder has been moved to C:\ with the "ext" folder contained inside and mysql.lib is located in Win32.  Handler mapping for Fast CGI has all been redirected to reflect the above stated document pathways.  Anyone have suggestions?  Ultimately, I'm trying to get Dreamweaver to allow a connection from my PHP page to a small mysql data table.  Thanks! 

• Re: Getting <?php info(); ?> to update changes from php.ini file

Jan 28, 2013 01:59 PM|JFWily2|LINK

FYI, I installed the php Manager module for IIS and it now resides in my IIS Manager, which is really cool.  It allows all of the changes to the extensions and configurations right from the application.  All is not fixed yet though.  Does anyone know why the PHP Manager acknowledges the php.ini file(which is located in C:\PHP\ only when it is saved as "php"(without the leading .ini).  The PHP Manager indicates that the regisitration and configuration is correct as long whenever the leading .ini is left off of my php configuration file. However when this is the case, my PHP environment doesnt work.  When leaving the leading "ini" extension from my php file, I can't even bring up phpinfo.php in my browser.  However if I rename the configuration file back to "php.ini" then <?php phpinfo(); ?> displays in the browser.  It seems I need to change how the PHP Manager locates the php configuration file from strictly "php" to "php.ini."  Anybody have an answer?  Thank you. 

• Rovastar Rovastar

5406 Posts

MVP

Re: Getting <?php info(); ?> to update changes from php.ini file

Jan 28, 2013 03:05 PM|Rovastar|LINK

It sounds like you are hiding your extensions in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Show-or-hide-file-name-extensions

Troubleshoot IIS in style
    https://www.leansentry.com/

Jan 28, 2013 04:38 PM|JFWily2|LINK

thanks rovastar,

I'll read up on this issue!

Jan 28, 2013 05:26 PM|JFWily2|LINK

It resolved the extension problem.  Now the "php.ini" file is listed as such in my C:\PHP folder and the activation all looks good in PHP Manager.  However php doesn't seem to be working in my browser.  Just as before, I can't bring up the phpinfo.php file.  It was displaying loud and clear for the previous days that I've worked on this.  Could it have something to do with my "root" username being changed in MySQL.  Come to think of it, my php.ini file still has user='root' as the go to username.  Maybe if I update that, it will work?  As a side note, I've tried recreating the 'root' username in MySQL but was only able to do so for "%" 'remote host' not 'localhost.' 

Jan 28, 2013 07:01 PM|JamieFurr|LINK

Hi,

Are there any error being reported? If not, you can add the following code to the php script, so that errors will be shown in the browser instead of a blank page.

<? php
    error_reporting(E_ALL);
    ini_set('display_errors', '1');
    phpinfo()
    ?>

Jamie Furr
    MCSA, Network +, A+

Please 'Mark as Answer' if this post helps you.

OrcsWeb: Managed Windows Hosting Solutions
    "Remarkable Service. Remarkable Support."