Hi, I have some real problem. The problem is as following. As an smtp server I'm using my local IIS6.0 smtp server. This always worked fine, I can include attachments and everything. But for somehow it modifies some digital signed pdf files, The RSS

2 replies

Last post Feb 26, 2013 02:26 AM by bart.kock

• Hi, I have some real problem. The problem is as following. As an smtp server I'm using my local...

Jan 25, 2013 10:58 AM|bart.kock|LINK

Hi,

I have some real problem. The problem is as following.
    As an smtp server I'm using my local IIS6.0 smtp server. This always worked fine, I can include attachments and everything.
    But for somehow it modifies some digital signed pdf files, The ones who come from the dutch Chamber of commerce.
    I don't know why this is happing, but for somehow it does and The send files can't be opened anymore.
    If I'm using an external smtp server everything works OK, but this is not what I want. I want to use a local smtp server preferably IIS.
    I treid to send the .eml files with win 2008R2 an win 2012, both are going wrong.
    When I copy the .eml file to my local pc I can simpy open the attachments.
    Dus someone have a solution or suggestion for me?

Regs

Bart

• Re: Hi, I have some real problem. The problem is as following. As an smtp server I'm using my lo...

Feb 25, 2013 11:11 AM|jeff@zina.com|LINK

Logs, error messages, etc?

You realize that SMTP is for sending files, not receiving them, correct?  Are you using a POP server?

Jeff

Have you Binged a solution before posting?
  • Re: Hi, I have some real problem. The problem is as following. As an smtp server I'm using my lo...

Feb 26, 2013 02:26 AM|bart.kock|LINK

Hi Jeff,

I know where the smtp server is for, I have my own application which generates e-mails to send to my customers.

there are no Logs and no error messages at all. IIS6 smtp server just sends all my messages thats is. The attachements are included using base64 ecoding.

The problem existe for all the receivers, pop/exchange/imap/office365 is doesn't matter.

I created a fix zipping the attachments before sending them, this helps but it isn't ideal and I stil want to know what the problem is. personally I think it's a bug in the smtp server which can't handle some specific thing.

regs Bart