We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Missing Images / Dead Image Links / Image Not Found ReportingRSS

3 replies

Last post Nov 14, 2012 11:49 AM by CarlosAg

• Missing Images / Dead Image Links / Image Not Found Reporting

Oct 09, 2012 12:17 PM|will1968|LINK

Hi, Does the IIS SEO toolkit report on missing images. At the moment it does not seem to. I created a deliberate image tag with a dead link and ran the toolkit against it and it did not seem to report it as an error. Thanks in advance, Will

Dead Image Links Missing Images Image Not Found Reporting

• Re: Missing Images / Dead Image Links / Image Not Found Reporting

Oct 15, 2012 09:17 AM|g_cory|LINK

Yes, the "Violations" tab allow you to view broken links, image issues, etc.

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/how-to-seo-technical-audit-using-seo-toolkit-for-iis/46876/

Cory Granata
    Please "Mark" as Answer if this post helped you.

OrcsWeb: Managed Windows Hosting Solutions
    "Remarkable Service. Remarkable Support."

Oct 16, 2012 08:05 AM|will1968|LINK

I now realise why this maybe happening. I am now using a CDN to serve up my image and other static files. As this is the case will any dead links from a different domain not get displayed? If so is there another way round this with the IIS SEO toolkit or another tool? Kind regrads, Will

Nov 14, 2012 11:49 AM|CarlosAg|LINK

It will for one level links, for example, if you have link foo.com directly from bar.com then SEO toolkit will follow and report that, however if foo.com links then to others it will not follow that. I cannot remember from the top of my head if the built in report will exclude "external" links but you can choose to open the report in the query window and include those as well (IsExternal)