Help with Windows Login / Authentication  [Answered]RSS

1 reply

Last post Aug 03, 2012 09:40 AM by perkinsville

• Help with Windows Login / Authentication

Jul 31, 2012 02:20 PM|csrussell|LINK

Hello All,

I have a problem.   I am trying to connect a IIS7 classic ASP website to SQL 2008R2 with a trusted connection.  The only way I could get to work was to turn on anonymous authentication and set the identity to the trusted account my dba provided to me (they don't use mixed mode for SQL).  I actually set in the application pool the user and set the identity to use the pool.  

That works just fine but my application uses the server variable to get the current logged in user of the computer accessing the web page.

This is critical to my application.   The problem is  because I had to turn on anonymous I lost the login functionality and because of that the server variable is now blank. 

Everything I do seems to show the server side logged in user to IIS (that user  that I setup to get my SQL connection working)  Is there ANYTHING I can do to get the user that is logged into the PC client side over to the server side so I can do something with it like write it back into my database? 

I was hoping some kind of AD connection or something.   OR can you tell me how to set up IIS so that I can keep windows authentication turned on and set the account that SQL is connecting to something other then the default anonymous?

Any help would be great.

C.S. Russell Denver Colorado

ASP authentication sql ldap Classic AD

• Re: Help with Windows Login / Authentication

Aug 03, 2012 09:40 AM|Perkinsville|LINK