Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP access denied. [Answered]RSS

2 replies

Last post Jul 01, 2012 11:01 PM by Dalong Zhang - MSFT

• Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP access denied.

Jun 28, 2012 05:11 AM|absolom29|LINK

Hi,

I have windows server 2008 SP1 and IIS 7.5 with classic asp running.

In asp I am calling :

Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP.6.0") but it returns "Access denied" when I am using Windows Authentication.

same call but with Anonymous Authentication (IUSR is the user identity) displays the expected result.

I am using an Application Pool: v2.0, Integrated pipeline, NetworkService Identity.

Windows Authentication.

What and where should I give access for NETWORK SERVICE in order to not have Access denied anymore.

I tried on windows/system32/msxml6.dll even for Everyone full access but still no result.

Any help would be really appreciated

thanx

• Re: Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP access denied.

Jun 30, 2012 03:21 PM|terridonahue|LINK

I would recommend using Process Monitor, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645, to aid in resolving this. You can filter on the PID of the w3wp.exe process that is failing so you can better see the traffic. Once you see the access denied, you will know where you need to assign the Network Service account rights. Also, the Everyone group does not include Network Service since this is a special local user account.
    Terri Donahue
    Microsoft MVP ASPNET/IIS

Please 'Mark as Answer' if this post helps you.
  • Re: Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP access denied.

Jul 01, 2012 11:01 PM|Dalong Zhang - MSFT|LINK

Hi, 

To grant read, write, and modify permissions to a specific file

1. In Windows Explorer, locate and select the required file.
    2. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.
    3. In the Properties dialog box, click the Security tab.
    4. On the Security tab, examine the list of users. If the Network Service account is not listed, add it.
    5. In the Properties dialog box, click the Network Service user name, and in the Permissions for NETWORK SERVICE section, select the Read, Write, and Modify permissions.
    6. Click Apply, and then click OK.
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    Feedback to us