Remote Debugging Classic ASP [Answered]RSS

2 replies

Last post Jun 26, 2012 01:52 AM by PrevinKumar

• Remote Debugging Classic ASP

Jun 22, 2012 05:19 AM|PrevinKumar|LINK

Hi all,

We have classic asp source code in a share location(eg: \\server1\App1\). I can able to connect to this location using another domain userid(Eg. I am in A domain the share location is in B domain, I use B domain credentials to access the shared location. I can able to access the website from my system.

Unfortunately we are not able to replicate existing(B domain) developement environment(Code, IIS Virtual Path, OLEDB connections) in my local system(A domain) because of lot of dependency with COM object. We decided to use the existing environment from my system.

Now I want to debug the application from the share location(it is the virtual path for another IIS - B domain).

I tried to create a virtual path for shared location in my system(iis 5.1), but it is shows error icon in the website. If i right click and selected Explore option, the sharepath is displayed properly. There is also no error mentioned in the iis error log. A error log file is created and has iis header info and rest of things are blank.

Is there any way to debug the classic asp from remote location(different domain).

Please help me. Please let me know if any more information needed.

iis classic asp

• Re: Remote Debugging Classic ASP

Jun 22, 2012 10:57 PM|peterviola|LINK

Hi,

If I understand correctly your issue is creating the virtual directory to a unc path using IIS 5.1. This KB Article sounds just like the issue you are experiencing:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/269009

Peter Viola
    MCTIP SA, EST, DBA 2008
    MCSA Windows Server 2012

Please 'Mark as Answer' if this post helps you.

www.peterviola.com
  • Re: Remote Debugging Classic ASP

Jun 26, 2012 01:52 AM|PrevinKumar|LINK

Thank peterviola, for the solution.

But the workaround given in the page cannot be done in my system.