View Active Sessions/Connections [Answered]RSS

6 replies

Last post Jun 20, 2012 03:39 PM by jamiefurr

• View Active Sessions/Connections

Jun 19, 2012 03:05 PM|valf_47|LINK

I am trying to find a way to view active sessions/connections to my web pages hosted on a Web Server 2008 running IIS7.  I have tried setting up a preformance counter but when I go to the web page, the counter never changes so I don't have something working correctly.  Any other ideas on how to find out who/what is connected to a web page?

Thanks.

• Re: View Action Sessions/Connections

Jun 19, 2012 03:31 PM|JamieFurr|LINK

Hi valf_47,

In IIS 7+ in IIS Manager at the server level you can click on "Worker Processes". Then doubleclick the worker process to open the Requests feature page in where you can view the requests currently processing in the selected application pool.

Jamie Furr
    MCSA, Network +, A+

Please 'Mark as Answer' if this post helps you.

OrcsWeb: Managed Windows Hosting Solutions
    "Remarkable Service. Remarkable Support."

Jun 19, 2012 04:22 PM|valf_47|LINK

Where do you see the requests feature page? When I double click on Worker Processes, it opens up, then I click on Application pools but that's all I get to.

Jun 19, 2012 04:46 PM|JamieFurr|LINK

It sounds like there may not be any requests to view currently.  If there is no CPU usage there would be no requests to view.  You can use F5 to refresh the page to see if there is any current CPU usage by the worker process.
    Jamie Furr
    MCSA, Network +, A+

Jun 20, 2012 11:00 AM|valf_47|LINK

Is there any other way to find out if a user is connecting to the web pages? I know that one of our web pages is an online application and we receive applications all day every day.  I watched the queue for quite a while yesterday and did not see anything.  

Jun 20, 2012 11:22 AM|valf_47|LINK

Also to note, I had the requests page open, then I browsed to the web page myself and didn't see the request come in.

Jun 20, 2012 03:39 PM|JamieFurr|LINK

We've used a software package called SmarterStats that will give you all sorts of website analytics based off of your IIS logs.  They have free version as well the website is here:  

http://www.smartertools.com/smarterstats/web-analytics-seo-software.aspx

Jamie Furr
    MCSA, Network +, A+