We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

How to buy Microsoft IIS webserverRSS

2 replies

Last post May 15, 2012 12:25 AM by rorus4

• How to buy Microsoft IIS webserver

May 15, 2012 12:10 AM|kimberly-009|LINK

Hello All,

I'm writing this on behalf of my company. We are upgrading a program that requires our getting Microsoft IIS webserver. We are in New South Wales, Australia - if that factors in anyway. Currently we run our server through Jumba that is a Linux system with Apache. We've been told we can have both running side by side if necessary. 

Where and how can I see the costs of purchasing Microsoft IIS webserver? We know we only need the most basic model, so are not looking for anything too fancy. It's just to be availble for one program to run on. 

Thank you so much for your time!

~Kimberly

• Re: How to buy Microsoft IIS webserver

May 15, 2012 12:16 AM|kimberly-009|LINK

Update: I finally found it on Amazon. Does anyone know if Windows Web Server 2008 32BIT/X64 DVD has any limitations or incompatibility if bought in the USA and used on Australian systems?

• Re: How to buy Microsoft IIS webserver

May 15, 2012 12:25 AM|Rorus4|LINK

Hi Kimberly-009,

There should be no difference, apart from say the language definition and locale differences. You will have no difference in compatibility and operation by using this software.

By comparison, when you purchase a server online, some of the lesser known brands build their systems in the U.S and ship them over to Australia, its effectively the same.

Having said that, its good to note that in some countries, Microsoft is prohibited from including certain features and functionalities in Windows, hence the product will usually end with an N, K or E. This usually applies to end user products like Windows Vista and 7.

Hope this helps. :)