530 Login Authentication failed [Answered]RSS

3 replies

Last post Apr 19, 2012 03:09 AM by Lloydz

• 530 Login Authentication failed

Apr 16, 2012 04:23 PM|sdqabd|LINK

I have created another FTP site based on instruction for this link http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/320/using-ftp-virtual-host-names-in-iis-7 but when trying to access using command line I receive an error 530 Authentication Failed.

is there anything extra that I'd like to configure.

• Re: 530 Login Authentication failed

Apr 17, 2012 09:04 AM|StormInternet|LINK

Authentication failed error message indicated that the user name or password you are trying to connect is wrong.

Make sure you use correct user name and password.

Or reset the password of your FTP account and try to login with new password.

error 530 Authentication Failed

• When I try to access ftp site with IE 8 on my computer, I get a message that says "Internet Explo...

Apr 17, 2012 08:24 PM|sdqabd|LINK

I am sure the username and password are correct. but this time  when I try to access the ftp site with IE 8 on my computer, I get a message that says "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page". .

I have disabled antivirus program, turned off WIndows firewall temporarily, and loosened all security settings in browser. Still nothing.

I had already set the options recommended for processing FTP in the Advanced options.  I can quickly access the FTP site with Firefox. But IE tries to connect, then gives me the "Internet Explorer cannot display the website". I can access other FTP site with IE, so it seems like it must be some kind of security issue. The odd thing is that both Firefox and Chrome can hit it quickly.

PS: I am using non-standard port like 2121 and my server OS is Windows Server 2008 r2.

• Re: When I try to access ftp site with IE 8 on my computer, I get a message that says "Internet E...

Apr 19, 2012 03:09 AM|Lloydz|LINK

Hi,

Could you please provide more details on your ftp site settings? It will be appreciated if you can post corresponding ftp site settings in applicationHost.config. For 530 issues, you can use process monitor to see what is the desired permission for the file system. Here's an example for using process monitor to thoubleshoot this kind of issues:

530 User cannot log in, home directory inaccessible, FTP 7.0 user isolation and Process Monitor
    http://www.iislogs.com/steveschofield/530-user-cannot-log-in-home-directory-inaccessible-ftp-7-0-user-isolation-and-process-monitor

Hope this helps, thanks.