can not install PHP PDO Informix  [Answered]RSS

11 replies

Last post Mar 14, 2012 06:02 AM by f4uz1

• can not install PHP PDO Informix

Mar 04, 2012 11:41 PM|f4uz1|LINK

Hello, 

I'm facing problem in installing PDO dll for informix database, I'm using PHP-5.3, the dll can't be installed in the configuration.

Could anyone please help me ASAP
    Thanks

• Re: can not install PHP PDO Informix

Mar 07, 2012 01:14 PM|Tristan.Baron|LINK

Hi,

It should be a case of enabling the php_pdo.dll and the pdo_informix.dll extension in the php.ini file.

Edit the php.ini file and find the "Dynamic Extension" section. At the bottom of the list of extensions add an entry as follows:

extension=php_pdo.dll 
    extension=php_pdo_informix.dll

This is providing you have the downloaded and extracted the pdo_informix from PECL. If not it is available here :

http://www.pecl.php.net/get/PDO_INFORMIX-1.2.6.tgz

You will need to copy the .dll files within the PHP exentsion directory: Normally C:\Program Files\PHP\ext

Copy php_pdo.dll to C:\Program Files\PHP\ext\

Copy php_pdo_informix.dll to C:\Program Files\PHP\ext\

Then restart Apache.

Let me know if this solves you're problem.

Kind Regards,

Tristan Baron

Oninit Group

Informix Software

www.oninitgroup.com

Mar 07, 2012 01:19 PM|Tristan.Baron|LINK

This link may also help you:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/dm-0607bombardier/

Kind Regards,

Tristan Baron

Mar 07, 2012 11:50 PM|f4uz1|LINK

thank you Baron for the reply,

I have done all the steps, do I have to build the php with the pdo? if it is, how to build it?

Mar 11, 2012 11:34 AM|David Di - MSFT|LINK

f4uz1,

Are you trying to do this under IIS or are you using Apache running on Windows to host this?

Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Regards,

David Dietz
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Mar 11, 2012 10:20 PM|f4uz1|LINK

David,

thanks for replied, I've hosted in IIS 7, using Fastcgi. what I'm tryin to do is, installing PDO-informix so it can run in php 5.3, any idea?

thanks

Mar 12, 2012 02:26 PM|David Di - MSFT|LINK

f4uz1,

I would strongly recommend that you take a look at the following site:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-informix.php

It appears that there may be compatibility issues between a PDO version included in Perl 5.1 and later and the Informx PDO.

Take a look at that page, read the comments posted below and let me know if that helps any.

Also, are there any specific error mesages or warnings of some sort you are receiving?

Thank you.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Regards,

David Dietz

Mar 12, 2012 10:13 PM|f4uz1|LINK

David, 

yeaah, I've read about it before, have you ever compile/build php source and extension source to solve the compatibility issue?

Thank you.

Mar 13, 2012 10:14 AM|David Di - MSFT|LINK

f4uz1,

I am afraid I have not.  Since it is not a Microsoft product we are limited in what we can do with regards to the source code due to the specific licensing.

Unless there is some sort of error code, warning message or event log entry coming from a Microsoft product in this issue I'm not sure what our next step should be.  Is there anything I can provide assistance with from a Microsoft perspective?

Thank you.

Regards,

David Dietz

Mar 13, 2012 10:22 PM|f4uz1|LINK

David,

Thank you so much for your help, I think I will have to find the way to build the PHP and PDO informix extension.

Regards, 

Fauzi

Mar 14, 2012 03:59 AM|Tristan.Baron|LINK

Hi Fauzi,

Despite my instructions, I too have also had issues enabling php pdo informix in an existing webserver and php setup. If you want to compile and build php with the extension included ie. with the option --with-pdo-informix then the link I provided should give you the necessary steps as it details both building from scratch and existing.

As an alternative, they is a simpler option, however, it may not be ideal depending on your requirements. There is a tool called OpenAdmin Tool for Informix. This is a php based tool for administrative tasks on an Informix database. The tool is a ready built Apache webserver with php set up which uses the Informix pdo driver (it is actually embedded), however, the rest of it is the same, you could copy any extra extensions/modules from your existing setup over to the OpenAdmin php directory and enable them in the OpenAdmin php.ini file.Then put whatever ever resides in your existing htdocs folder into the OpenAdmin htdocs folder.

To download this tool you will need to create an IBM account (this is free). 

The link for 32 bit windows is http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/preconfig.jsp?id=2006-01-26+07%3A28%3A52.181415R&S_TACT=&S_CMP=

The link for 64 bit windows is http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/preconfig.jsp?id=2006-01-26+07%3A28%3A52.007598R&S_TACT=&S_CMP=

Kind Regards, 

Tristan

Mar 14, 2012 06:02 AM|f4uz1|LINK

Hi Tristan,

thank you for the reply, I've done using the OAT installation, this option I can not use, because my application using IIS web server, I've tried to run it side by side with other PHP version in one pc, I have to install the PDO manually, but I still can't find the way, except by build the PHP and the PDO.

Thanks and Regards, 

Fauzi