Stop-WebItem : Cannot find drive. A drive with the name 'IIS' does not exist. [Answered]RSS

1 reply

Last post Dec 05, 2011 03:52 PM by eric.wood

• Stop-WebItem : Cannot find drive. A drive with the name 'IIS' does not exist.

Dec 05, 2011 03:07 PM|eric.wood|LINK

I'm running powershell 2.0 and I have run "install-module WebAdministration". When I enter Get-Module, I can see the module loaded. When I run the command "Stop-WebSite -Name "Default Web Site"" I get the following error message: Stop-WebItem : Cannot find drive. A drive with the name 'IIS' does not exist. What additionally is required in order to be able to run the commands from the WebAdministration module?
  • Re: Stop-WebItem : Cannot find drive. A drive with the name 'IIS' does not exist.

Dec 05, 2011 03:52 PM|eric.wood|LINK

Ok. I figured this out. When I import the module, it gave me a clue that I ignored ... It stated (in red font): "Prcoess should have elevated status to access IIS configuration data." If I run the command window as admin and import the module, the message is not displayed and I can run the commands. So, it needs to be run as admin in order to succeed. Thanks, Eric