We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Importing Joomla Website back into Web Matrix [Answered]RSS

6 replies

Last post Dec 20, 2011 07:27 PM by HCamper

• Importing Joomla Website back into Web Matrix

Nov 29, 2011 08:36 AM|dwothomas|LINK

Hi, 6 mnths or so ago I created a Joomla1.5 website in web matrix successfully, now I would like to bring the online version back local so I can trial some ideas for the online site. I have a copy of the content and the db. The old site still existed in we matrix so I tried copying the content across and importing my db on to local machine but I get the error can't comnnect to mysql when I try to access it. The online new db name is different than the local name. Do I need to attach the new db in Web matrix? Do I need to update the Joomla configuration file as well? Any help gratefully received. Many thanks DT

joomla 1.5

• Re: Importing Joomla Website back into Web Matrix

Nov 29, 2011 12:06 PM|rlucero|LINK

Yes, you will have to manually modify the db connection info if you've moved the site by hand. 

However, if you still have WebMatrix and the original Joomla! site you created, you can pull back the data from that instance.

Hope this helps.

-Robert

Nov 29, 2011 01:48 PM|Mumra|LINK

I'm only a novice but apparently the best way that 'should' work would be to install and create a backup on your J1.5 installation using Akeeba.

Then using Webmatrix attempt to restore the full site backup you created via Kickstart. I'm told on good authority that Akeeba and Kickstart will do all of the heavy lifting/thinking and pretty much 'just work'.  Hope this information helps.

Nov 30, 2011 10:29 AM|dwothomas|LINK

Have Webmatrix and original site, easy enough to dump the content into the fold however how to link to the new database? Any link to doc to do this would be appreciated cheers DT

joomla 1.5 webmatrix

Dec 02, 2011 06:53 AM|dwothomas|LINK

rlucero

Yes, you will have to manually modify the db connection info if you've moved the site by hand. 
    Hi Robert how do I do that in configuration.php file? What variables do I alter? cheers DT

Dec 03, 2011 02:15 PM|HCamper|LINK

Hi,

Have you tried http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/527/install-joomla-on-iis/ steps ?

Martin

Windows and Linux work Together IT-Pros
    Community Member Award 2011

Dec 20, 2011 07:27 PM|HCamper|LINK

Hello,

You can use HeidiSQL http://www.heidisql.com/ for Joomla! and MySQL Server Databases.

should help for the configuration and DB settings.

Martin

Windows and Linux work Together IT-Pros
    Community Member Award 2011